Snow Bound (The More than Magic Series) by…

Snow Bound (The More than Magic Series) (edition 2013)

by Elizabeth Kirke

611,268,033 (5)None
Member:ConciseReviews
Title:Snow Bound (The More than Magic Series)
Authors:Elizabeth Kirke
Info:Anchor Group (2013), Kindle Edition, 329 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:magic, witches, werewolves, vampires, elemental, paranormal romance

Snow Bound (The More than Magic Series) by Elizabeth Kirke

I didn’t think this series could get even better, but it did! It was amazing. I just loved this magical world that is hidden in the real world that Elizabeth Kirke has created.
If you have not read Semester Aboard (More than Magic book 1) then you need to get to it. It’s great too, and is just a building block to this amazing book.

I always liked Jen, but found myself falling in love even more with the whole group, Dani, Charlie, Thomas, TJ, Marianna, and even Ember is in this one (Charlie’s niece) I found it interesting them all getting together to go skiing, and some major stuff happens, stuff that keeps you on the edge of your seat, and wonder what will happen next.

I was in tears and about to be openly crying in one part, as it was so sad, and I could not see a way out of what was happening, but won’t spoil it by telling you, it just was a twist I did not see coming, and it shocked me, and saddened me too. I love Jen’s cat (her familiar, Jen is a witch) Rak, he is something, love his personality, who wouldn’t love a talking cat that is full of info.

I really like the relationship that finally gets going for Thomas (he is a vampire) and Jen. Here is an adorable scene I just had to share. Where they were skiing, and Dani has “accidently” cause Thomas to crash into a tree ( and broke his leg in the process, good thing Thomas is a vampire and will heal up in no time)

Thomas grinned. "Payback, I suppose."
I was confused. "For the suitcase thing this morning?"
"No. For introducing him to Charlie. He's been trying to find me a girl and return the favor for years. Ugh. Not that I'm saying this makes you my girl or something. Not that I'd mind! But, I'm not in a rush to make you go steady or anything. I just mean—"
"Go steady?" I echoed, glad for an excuse to cut off his frantic backpedaling. "You know, nobody says that anymore."
He groaned. "Please pretend I didn't."
"And like I said … I don't think it's rushing. I'd um … I'd like to date you."
Somehow, the idiot still managed to look shocked. "Really?"
"You say that like you think I frequently make out in the snow with random guys."
"No! Of course not."
There was an almost awkward silence.
"Well?" I finally said.
"Well what?"
"Are you going to ask me out or not?"
"Um …"
"That means go steady."
"I know what it means!"
I tried to hide a grin. "Or is it too forward of me to ask?"
That broke the tension. Thomas started laughing. "I am not that old."
"You said go steady."
"It hasn't been that long since people used that phrase," he protested.
Before he could say anything else, I leaned up and kissed him again. It was still a bit exhilarating to think that I could.
I could feel his mouth turn into a grin against my lips. "You are very forward, you know," he said softly.
My laugh turned into a sigh, as an awful thought struck me. "Am I too young for you?" I asked.
"No," he said immediately.
"Are you sure?"

Thomas is so sweet, and almost too nice. He is a vampire, but a younger one (60’s I would say, but of course looks 22 or so I think)

I don’t want to spoil anything, just say, you have to try these books out. Start with book 1, then this one. Its just amazing. I think you could read this without the first, as its all its own story, you will miss out on some of the background of everyone, but most of that is mentioned to remind us anyway, so really either way, this book is amazing.

I was honored to get to read an advance copy for my honest review, and thank the author Elizabeth for that.
5 huge stars out of 5 for me. I highly recommend this book, with or without reading the first one.

Be sure to visit my blog, I will have an excerpt with my review at my blog post for you. Here is direct link to that post with excerpt: Here is link to the post with the extended excerpt that leads up to the teaser in my review. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2013/01/snow-bound-more-than-ma... ( )
  ConciseReviews | Jan 25, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible