Oxford Shadows by Marion Croslydon
811,035,133 (4)None

Review to come May 11th for tour stop.

This is the second installment in the Oxford Trilogy, and while Madison, Ollie are still grieving the loss of their friend, they ghost and visions aren’t picky when it come to appearing for Madison.

Madison was a character that I enjoyed in the first book, and she has come a long way. She has accepted the gift she has. She tries hard to help when the visions come instead of ignoring them, she learned from before. I liked the fact that she was so determined and so string this time around. Rupert on the other hand, I adored him in the first book but his whole jealousy thing, it gets in the way of the relationship with Madison. Okay, so I still adore him and he does try to be the man he believes that Madison deserves.

There were a few new characters introduced that I thought were great additions. Madison’s aunt has come into the picture, and the question with her, was she there for family support or does she have some motives of her own. Another new character was Sam, the mystery guy, who swoops in saves the day for Madison. I liked him from the start, I can’t really explain why exactly. There was just something about him that just drew me to him, and once the revelation about him is revealed, I was ecstatic for his character.

The world building starts off with a bang that’s for sure, with ghosts and threats and a blooming romance. This time around we learn more about the voodoo itself and more about Madison’s family. There was some scary scenes with sacrifices and voodoo rituals and the people Madison met during this time were interesting but somewhat terrifying that same time. There is also reincarnation, and the way it was woven in was fascinating, and who they were and the why’s was a little shocking and a nice plot twist. As the story reaches the end, it was an explosive scene and I couldn’t turn the page fast enough to know what happens. The ending however was bittersweet, and while I satisfied with it on one hand, I was still a little upset with it on the other. I can’t say too much which is frustrating, but I don’t want to give too much away. But we are set up quite nice for the next installment for the trilogy.

If you are looking for a sexy romance, scary ghosts with vengeance as a goal, Oxford Shadow has it all. This is a trilogy that is not to be missed. ( )
  jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,053,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible