The Door in the Dragon's Throat by Frank E.…

The Door in the Dragon's Throat

by Frank E. Peretti

793711,583 (3.86)1 / 1

I was intrigued with the Biblical archeology when I first read this book years ago. Upon rereading it, I didn't find it as fascinating as I did that first time through. I am passing this series on to my nephew and hope he likes the adventure in them. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
The Cooper Kid Series by Peretti is essentially a Christian Indiana Jones series for elementary kids. And it's marvelous! A bit dated (they were written in the 80s), but still worth reading. In particular, if you have boys who hate reading, this is a good start. They stories are fast-paced, with lots of action and plot twists and imminent danger and daring deeds of courage! I recommend for anyone, but in particular Christian parents who are looking for good books for their children. ( )
  empress8411 | Jan 20, 2014 |
Kept me on the edge of my seat! Couldn't put it down! ( )
  Phamm | Jan 7, 2013 |
Pretty laughable, not to mention heavy-handed. But then, what more could I expect from Christian children's literature. Even back when I was the target for that category, ehhhhh... ( )
  bluedream | Jun 15, 2009 |
Genre ~ realistic fiction ~ Readers are able to connect with the characters as they set out to discover the door in the dragon's throat. Although it may be hard to believe a few of aspects of the plot, the book for the most part is plausable.

Character ~ Gozan, the aid to the president, is a dynamic character. In the beginning he is a selfish and unwilling to listen to the Copper team. By the end of the book he realized his selfish ambitions and decided to listen to the Copper team.

Media ~ NA ( )
  bdiebner | Mar 17, 2008 |

Jay and Lila Cooper have been on adventures with their archaeologist father before, but nothing like this!

An American archeologist and his two children seek God's protection and guidance as they journey to the Near East in search of a biblical treasure which local residents believe is cursed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,557,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible