The Banshee and the Witch (SPOOKY SHORT…

The Banshee and the Witch (SPOOKY SHORT STORIES) (edition 2012)

by Kathryn Meyer Griffith, Dawne Dominique (Illustrator)

113,689,591 (4.5)None
Member:rubyandthetwins
Title:The Banshee and the Witch (SPOOKY SHORT STORIES)
Authors:Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Other authors:Dawne Dominique (Illustrator)
Info:
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:short story, 2010-2029, 90-95, amazon

Kathryn Meyer Griffith's Spooky Short Stories: The Banshee and the Witch by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

Recently added byrubyandthetwins

What would you do to live forever, stay young forever? To experience true love once more? And if you were a white witch with the magical powers to make it happen...and the secret of how to do it, would you? So when the banshee comes calling for you one rainy night you'll do what you have to do to get what you desire the most...more time.

I have to say that while I completely understand the witch Cleona's motivations to do what she did...and while nothing that she did was technically black magic, I think, I would perhaps say that Cleona practiced 'gray' magic - not actually harmful to herself or to other people, but certainly self-serving and focused on her own personal desires.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and found it to be well-written, but it did leave me with one last unanswered question on my mind: once you get what you most desire, will you truly be content with it? I give this story an A! and am looking forward to reading the two other stories in this collection. ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Jan 28, 2013 |
It was a misty spring morning with a chilly breeze whose affects the rising sun would partially warm away.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,544,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible