The Eye of Minds by James Dashner

The Eye of Minds (2013)

by James Dashner

English (29)  Spanish (1)  All languages (30)
Eye of Minds is an adventure book that takes place in the Virtnet or in the virtual world. Sure everything is fake but the Virtnet is programmed to make sure the participants feel the consequence of every decision you make. Michael along with his two best friends are contacted to hack into the virtnet and find the cyberterrorist Kaine who is killing people in real life through the Virtnet. This book has a lot adventure, and a great twist ending.
I would recommend this for ages 11 and up. -RR ( )
  WhitneyYPL | Feb 9, 2016 |
This one has similar elements to his Maze Runner series (a great series), no existent parents, teens who are smarter than the adults and a world that is on the brink of death, and a computer based world. Where it changes is that this one takes place in a virtual world, mostly. It's perfect for the gammer who breaks away long enough to read. I loved it, the mystery and the content twists and me guessing wrong all through the book.
I thought I knew the answer.I thought I saw the pattern in the game. No, I was blindsided, and holy nightmare twist ending ! I loved it, never expected it and can't wait for book 2 ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I loved "The Maze Runner" series by this author, so was keen to read his latest novel. However, while the concept was clever, the story was slow and tedious. It was only in the last third of the book that I started to really enjoy it, with all its twists and turns. The ending was great (and not only because I finally finished!), but I will not be continuing the series. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
"Michael is a skilled internet gamer in a world of advanced technology. When a cyber-terrorist begins to threaten players, Michael is called upon to seek him and his secrets out"--Provided by publisher.
  lkmuir | Dec 8, 2015 |
Like The Maze Runner series, we have teens running an amazingly complex and seemingly reasonless obstacle course to serve a purpose they only learn of at the end.

Michael is a teen who is totally involved in the VirtNet, a virtual world with every type of adventure conceivable. He is approached, or rather kidnapped, by an organization and asked to hunt down someone only known as Kaine because he was supposedly causing people to lose their real minds in this virtual world. He talks two online friends (who he had never met FTF) into joining up with their hacker skills to hunt down this entity.

Lots of running through various peril-filled scenarios ensue.

After a while I was tired of the paces these kids were put through. Enough already! I get it!

Fans of The Maze Runner will enjoy this story. Having already read TMR, I didn't want to repeat the experience again just with different scenery. ( )
  mamzel | Dec 3, 2015 |
Dedico este libro a Michael Bourret y a Krista Marino,
por hacer realidad mi sueño profesional
y premiarme con su amistad
Michael spoke against the wind, to a girl named Tanya. "I know it's water down there, but it might as well be concrete. You'll be as flat as a pancake the second you hit."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0804122466, Audio CD)

An all-new, edge-of-your seat adventure from James Dashner, the author of the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, The Eye of Minds is the first book in The Mortality Doctrine, a series set in a world of hyperadvanced technology, cyberterrorists, and gaming beyond your wildest dreams . . . and your worst nightmares.

Michael is a gamer. And like most gamers, he almost spends more time on the VirtNet than in the actual world. The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion, and it’s addictive. Thanks to technology, anyone with enough money can experience fantasy worlds, risk their life without the chance of death, or just hang around with Virt-friends. And the more hacking skills you have, the more fun. Why bother following the rules when most of them are dumb, anyway?
But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. And recent reports claim that one gamer is going beyond what any gamer has done before: he’s holding players hostage inside the VirtNet. The effects are horrific—the hostages have all been declared brain-dead. Yet the gamer’s motives are a mystery.
The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker.
And they’ve been watching Michael. They want him on their team.
But the risk is enormous. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will need to go off the VirtNet grid. There are back alleys and corners in the system human eyes have never seen and predators he can’t even fathom—and there’s the possibility that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:47 -0400)

138 wanted4 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible