Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison

The Silent Wife (2013)

by A. S. A. Harrison

English (109)  Galician (1)  All languages (110)
This book for a debut novel was "okay," but not spectacular. When I read other people's reviews, I was hoping for a hook that would reel me in. It felt weak compared to other books of this genre. I will admit that I was surprised toward the end, but still not likely to re-read again. ( )
  caslater83 | Jun 2, 2019 |
not so much about a marriage in the "throes of dissolution" as it is people making some very stupid decisions ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I never felt that I cared about any of the characters, I just felt sad that these people were in a relationship where no one truly was invested in the other person. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
This book was a bore. Yes I had a hard tine determining how things would unfold, but everything worked out in the end - snooze. I thought Todd had HIV and would be broke and Jodi would have gotten away with it but it made things horrible for her the rest of few life. Or that she never had a friend Allison after all and was just delusional.
I also have a hard time seeing why her childhood stories are highlighted at the end so much as I don't see how they influenced her life with Todd. ( )
  gpratt | Dec 29, 2018 |
'The Silent Wife' By A.S.A Harrison is the kind of psychological thriller that tells the main characters sides of the stories. But it is also the kind of Thriller that makes you think like "WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU DOING LADY????" most would agree to that with the whole you know hes a cheater, let him go, why hold on to something that isn't there anymore. But then again you can't blame her for being the way she was. He was the sole provider in this story. So it makes sense as to why she stuck around and wanted what was hers. Plus when she got tired of his S***, thats when you know a women is done.

YOU CAN PURCHASE 'THE SILENT WIFE' BY A.S.A HARRISON HERE!

Negative Review:
The only thing I can say negative about this book is that it is a slow book to start off and through most of it. It was a page turner but the more and more it went on, the more it was just coming from their point of views without anyone talking throughout the book.

I do recommend this book if you do like Thrillers. Not so much Psychological but a good ending at the least.

I would give this book a 4 star rating! ( )
  MissTamaraDawn | Oct 30, 2018 |
To Jonathan
It's early September. Jodi Brett is in her kitchen, making dinner.
. . . . it's not the event itself but how you respond to it that tells the story.

A chilling psychological thriller about a marriage, a way of life, and how far one woman will go to keep what is rightfully hers

Jodi and Todd are at a bad place in their marriage. Much is at stake, including the affluent life they lead in their beautiful waterfront condo in Chicago, as she, the killer, and he, the victim, rush haplessly toward the main event. He is a committed cheater. She lives and breathes denial. He exists in dual worlds. She likes to settle scores. He decides to play for keeps. She has nothing left to lose. Told in alternating voices, The Silent Wife is about a marriage in the throes of dissolution, a couple headed for catastrophe, concessions that can’t be made, and promises that won’t be kept. Expertly plotted and reminiscent of Gone Girl and These Things Hidden, The Silent Wife ensnares the reader from page one and does not let go.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:59 -0400)

Todd Gilbert and Jodie Brett are in a bad place in their relationship. They've been together for twenty-eight years, and with no children to worry about there has been little to disrupt their affluent Chicago lifestyle. But there has also been little to hold it together, and beneath the surface lie ever-widening cracks. When it becomes clear that their precarious world could disintegrate at any moment, Jodie knows she stands to lose everything. It's only now she will discover just how much she's truly capable of.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,513,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible