Have You Seen My New Blue Socks? by Eve…

Have You Seen My New Blue Socks?

by Eve Bunting

This book is about a little duck who loses their new blue socks and can not seem to find them anywhere. The duck asks a fox, an ox, looks for them in a box, and searches down by the rocks but can not find them anywhere. This book would be a good introduction to a unit about rhyming words. It could be used to introduce words that sound the same. It could also be a lesson about making predictions about the text because in some of the pictures in the book, the reader can see that the duck is wearing blue socks.
  Jordan.Francies | Dec 5, 2016 |
Cute illustrations! ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Charming whimsical fun with many obvious Seussian influences. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
The little duck looks all over for his new blue socks, asking friends for help and receiving (rhyming) suggestions along the way. (Despite the rhyme scheme, it didn't remind me of Fox in Socks while I was reading it, only when I began to type this review.)

Observant readers will notice the socks before the official reveal, and may feel much cleverer than the silly duck.

The illustrations are colorful but low-contrast, with little to no white space. ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 22, 2014 |
Perfect for preschool read-aloud, by also would be great for an emerging reader with all the rhyming and controlled vocabulary.

I love that the illustrations include a book shelf, or an ox sitting at his easel with paints. Very subtle, but a celebration of the arts. Nice touch! ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |

“I have lost my new blue socks. Did I put them in my box?” Simple rhymes—including socks, box, fox, and ox!—spin the tale of a small duck who waddles through the countryside, forlornly searching for his blue socks. “I’m trying not to be depressed. / Without my socks I feel undressed.” Finally, a sharp-eyed peacock sees a bit of blue peeking out of duck’s lace-up shoes and the mini-mystery is solved! Soft-hued, adorable pen-and-ink and watercolor paintings adorn this winsome story that shares the familiar experience of not really losing something after all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:44 -0400)

The reader is invited to help Duck and his animal friends find a missing item.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,359,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible