Innocence by Dean Koontz

Innocence

by Dean Koontz

236None48,580 (3.26)12

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from LibraryThing Early Readers program.

It took me awhile to really get into this book. It was beautifully written, but the beginning was slow and confusing. It started to pick up in the middle as the characters started to grow on me. The last quarter of the book though makes this story terrific. Koontz manages to wrap everything up, explain the mysteries and it turns out to be a very good book. ( )
  Barb_H | Feb 13, 2014 |
Koontz is a masterful storyteller and what attracted me was the potential for a "Beauty and the Beast" tale and a classic good versus evil theme. While an adult book, it is suitable for mature teens owing to themes that include rape, child abuse and murder. Teens would be attracted to both the main characters--the narrator Addison is an outcast who has to live below ground for fear of being killed as sight of him induces anger/rage/fear from others; his love interest in the tale is Gwyneth is an 18-year-old outcast of a different sort (she has a social phobia that is disabling to her so she has adopted a Goth appearance). I wanted to give the book 5 stars when I began reading, but the ending took some big jumps that while foreshadowed in the story, left me disappointed. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 11, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An awesome book. Two people, born 8 years apart, from different backgrounds. One chance encounter on a dark winter night. The events that follow proves it was not just pure coincidence that they have met, but rather destiny. Love, loss, and a greater understanding of the world in which we live make for an amazing story. ( )
  Pierced_Phoenix | Jan 31, 2014 |
I loved his early books, but stopped reading him about 5 years ago. Went thru this one last nite to see what his novels are like now. Not for me. I wont read one of his books for another 5 years. ( )
  joelcl2011 | Jan 30, 2014 |
Dean Koontz proves again that his gift as a storyteller and his craft as a writer are unsurpassed. ( )
  GarySims | Jan 26, 2014 |
This book is dedicated to Harry Recard for being a friend, for teaching me pinochle in college and thereby ruining my academic career. And to Diane Recard for taking such good care of Harry all these years, an exhausting task.
Having escaped one fire, I expected another.

He lives in solitude beneath the city, an exile from society, which will destroy him if he is ever seen.

She dwells in seclusion, a fugitive from enemies who will do her harm if she is ever found.

But the bond between them runs deeper than the tragedies that have scarred their lives. Something more than chance—and nothing less than destiny—has brought them together in a world whose hour of reckoning is fast approaching.

Foraging for supplies by night in a beautiful but hostile urban world where strangers would kill him on sight, Addison endures a solitary existence before meeting a quicksilver girl engaged in a dangerous duel of wits with a malicious, well-placed enemy.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Innocence by Dean Koontz was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,489,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible