Innocence: A Novel by Dean Koontz

Innocence: A Novel (edition 2013)

by Dean Koontz

Member:ElyPublicLibrary
Title:Innocence: A Novel
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Bantam (2013), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages

Innocence by Dean Koontz

English (42)  Dutch (1)  All (43)
Great characters with strange difficulties, all made sense in the end. A good read, typical Kootnz with a lot of description of the people and places. A futuristic ending that left me with more hope than doom. I really enjoyed these two new protagonists and hope to read more about them someday. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
I found this to be one of Koontz's best works! I agree with some of the reviews, he is delving into religion, but in the same respect I do not find that it is preachy or even touching any secular religious beliefs.

This novel is pure MESSAGE. And a great message at that. I would recommend this to anyone, that is a fan or wondering about Dean Koontz. The message that lies within, is one that we should all hearken. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
I enjoyed this Novel. Some very good writing in this one. ( )
  Cal_Clapp | Sep 5, 2016 |
I love Dean Koontz. No other popular writer deals with the duality of human nature better than he (while injecting humor and spot-on social commentary for good measure). This work is classic Koontz, although it is one of his darker novels. The social commentary is there, along with the recurring theme of (extreme) good vs. (extreme) evil and characters that we quickly embrace and intensely love or hate (not too many grey areas here). The humor is largely absent from this novel, understandable given the serious and sometimes disturbing themes, and the cruelty and evil doers' acts are therefore the more disturbing. In all, this is a book I thoroughly enjoyed and read in about two nights. Who needs sleep when you have Koontz?

There is only one Dean Koontz and, to paraphrase Coleridge writing about his friend Wordsworth, I would be able to recognize his writing were I to see it slithering across the Sahara desert. Although this is not my favorite Dean Koontz novel, it is, as always, a treat, and one I recommend to old fans and new alike. ( )
  VictorDLopez | Aug 5, 2016 |
Addison lives far beneath the busyness of the big city, well hidden from humanity, avoiding all people, lest the mere sight of him cause them to kill him. Meanwhile, Gwyneth lives in her own seclusion, locked on the top floor of her father’s mansion. Refusing to allow human touch, she is banned to a solitary life. When Addison and Gwyneth meet, it becomes evident that their lives have a profound purpose.

Actually 2.5 stars is more accurate. It wasn't so much that I didn't like it as I just didn't get the point of it. The idea that Addison and Gwyneth are different, even special, was obvious from the very start but it was nearly the last page before we found any hint of what they were and why people reacted to them the way they did. Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors so to say I was disappointed with this offering would be an understatement. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to Harry Recard for being a friend, for teaching me pinochle in college and thereby ruining my academic career. And to Diane Recard for taking such good care of Harry all these years, an exhausting task.
Having escaped one fire, I expected another.

He lives in solitude beneath the city, an exile from society, which will destroy him if he is ever seen.

She dwells in seclusion, a fugitive from enemies who will do her harm if she is ever found.

But the bond between them runs deeper than the tragedies that have scarred their lives. Something more than chance—and nothing less than destiny—has brought them together in a world whose hour of reckoning is fast approaching.

Foraging for supplies by night in a beautiful but hostile urban world where strangers would kill him on sight, Addison endures a solitary existence before meeting a quicksilver girl engaged in a dangerous duel of wits with a malicious, well-placed enemy.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Dean Koontz's book Innocence was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,218,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible