Kiss of Heat (Feline Breeds, Book 3) by Lora…

Kiss of Heat (Feline Breeds, Book 3) (edition 2005)

by Lora Leigh

Member:kferry
Title:Kiss of Heat (Feline Breeds, Book 3)
Authors:Lora Leigh
Info:Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc. (2005), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 240 pages
Rating:***

Kiss of Heat by Lora Leigh

AWESOME! I didn't even followed the right order of the whole series and skipped Elizabeth's Wolf just to get to Kane and Sherra's story. And let me tell you that I wasn't disapointed in the least. Their relationship was amazing and so very full of angst, they're chemistry was the best one of the Feline Breeds so far. I definetely recomend this one. Great story! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Kane Tyler, Sherra Callahan

I won't say this was my favorite Breed book. I understand the world is still being built and things are still being discovered but every is left so open. The angst between Sharra and Kane didn't keep me in the story at all. I found it very easy to put the book down and do other things. Though I will admit I liked their interactions... out of bed. I also loved little Cassie. She was just too cute. Overall I think I can only give this story 3 stars. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
Worth reading between other books when I need a change of pace. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
Kiss of Heat
4 Stars

Synopsis:
After spending a decade believing each other dead, Kane Tyler and Sherra Callahan are finally reunited. Nevertheless, the devastating events of the past have turned them against each other and they must put aside their differences in order to heal the wounds that threaten to tear them asunder.

Review:
Definitely lived up to my expectations. This was the book I was most looking forward to since beginning the series and I was not disappointed.

Kane and Sherra are extremely likeable characters and have an intense chemistry. Moreover, their tragic past contributes to the reader’s emotional involvement in the story. Kane is a supreme alpha even though he is not one of the Breed. I found his constant pissing contests with Taber amusing and his affection for Cassie endearing. Sherra is emotionally scarred and while I understand that she needed time to trust again, I could not fully accept her hostility and her stubborn and continued rejection of Kane once she realized that he never abandoned her. It also took her far too long to realize that she could not protect him from the unknown consequences of their mating. After all, the author emphasizes over and over that nature is all powerful and will always find a way.

Leigh’s writing is smooth and her dialogue engaging. The sex scenes were somewhat overdone and repetitious, and did not really contribute to either characterization or plot but they were definitely fun ;).

My one final nitpick pertains to all the Breed books so far and that is the lack of detail concerning the time the various characters spent at the Council labs. More information about how Kane and Sherra met and came together would have made their emotional and internal struggles even more engrossing.

Overall, an entertaining read and a sweet ending that makes it all worthwhile. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |
Another very good story about the Feline Breeds and the troubles they are going through to establish there rightful place in society. I waited so patiently for Kane and Sherra's story. They caught my attention and held with every tiny glimpse Ms. Leigh gave us in the earlier books. Sherra was so stubborn and foolish to keep fighting Kane. She was hurting both of him thinking she could save Kane from the pain she had felt for eight years. I love how Kane gives all the Breeds a hard time and how he spoils Cassie. He had to be all right if he can feel so much emotion for a little girl that isn't his own. Of course Cassie has everyone's heart because she is special in ways no one really understands. Ms. Leigh has fed us just enough of her to keep us interested and guessing about her true potential. Jonas shows up for the first time in this story. He is giving Kane a hard time after an explosion in the caves on the Breed Compound. He is just a soldier at this point but you can see he is a smart ass. This is also the first time Jackal shows up.

We also learn of the budding relationship between Dawn and Seth Lawrence. I know that it gets sidelined at one point and comes back in Dawn's Awakening. I am now looking forward to re-reading that book since I had forgotten so much of the base story when I first read the book. This continues to be a very good series of books and I think most people will enjoy reading them. They read very quickly and leave you wanting more of the characters that are in each story. I am off to read the next book in the correct timeline. Happy Reading. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jun 5, 2012 |
For Sondrea and Terry. For hours of Internet tech support and for understanding just how computer dumb I could be. And as always, thank you for the friendship.
Sherra stood silently in the shadows of the motel, watching carefully, her eyes narrowed as the nine men parted company and went to their respective rooms.

They've waited a decade to come together. Long years filled with unbearable pain, and soul-wrenching torment that have changed them both. Left wounds that have laid their souls bare. Wounds that stand one chance of healing — if only they could stop fighting each other long enough for the truth to work its healing balm.

Kane, a relentless warrior, lost more than his heart to Sherra in a night of mating passion that marked them both for life. But news of her death ripped his soul apart. For years he has fought to avenge the death of the woman he loved more than his own life, by revealing the deceit and cruelty of the Council that created the Breeds.

But Sherra didn't die. In a cruel and evil twist she was convinced by her sadistic handlers that the man she had given her body, heart and soul to had betrayed not only her, but the child she carried — and lost.

Amid the rapidly escalating violence against the Feline Breeds, Kane and Sherra learn that there's more to mating than just the "heat", just as there's more to love than just the sex…

Kane lost his heart to Sherra and news of her death ripped his heart apart. But Sherra didn't die. Her sadistic handlers have convinced her she was betrayed by Kane. As the deceit and cruelty of the Council that created the breeds escalates, Kane and Sherra learn that there is more to mating than just the "heat."--Publisher's description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,780,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible