King and Maxwell by David Baldacci

King and Maxwell

by David Baldacci

mystery current day — plot for old revenge — son trying to find father MIA — DOA — secret mission to Afghanistan — Alhopiket City — all agencies — good no gov't agen trusts another
"Tyler Wingo" — many computer geeks?

christinejoseph | May 30, 2018 |
I've read all the previous King and Maxwell books in the series and this is just as good as the rest. I probably wouldn't recommend reading it if you aren't familiar with the series as there are a few plot threads carried through from the other books. This is a nice easy read with a good story line and well-rounded characters. I was also pleased to discover an unexpected little plot twist towards the end. ( )
  cathymoore | Jan 10, 2018 |
Book Description

My Review
This book was a great ending to a great series. I found it to be an action-packed adventure with interesting twists that kept me glued to the pages. King and Maxwell are excellent characters and well developed. Baldacci is a master story teller and his books are captivating. I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and suggest that they be read in order. I'm hoping that Baldacci will be working on another book for this series and I highly recommend this series to those who love fast moving suspense books. Lastly, I would like to tell David that it was great spending this last week with you and hope to spend more time with you soon. ( )
  EadieB | Sep 22, 2017 |
It seems at first like a simple, tragic story. Tyler Wingo, a teenage boy, learns the awful news that his father, a soldier, was killed in action in Afghanistan. Then the extraordinary happens: Tyler receives a communication from his father . . . after his supposed death. Tyler hires Sean and Michelle to solve the mystery surrounding his father. But their investigation quickly leads to deeper, more troubling questions. Could Tyler's father really still be alive? What was his true mission? Could Tyler be the next target? Sean and Michelle soon realize that they've stumbled on to something bigger and more treacherous than anyone could have imagined. And as their hunt for the truth leads them relentlessly to the highest levels of power and to uncovering the most clandestine of secrets, Sean and Michelle are determined to help and protect Tyler--though they may pay for it with their lives.

Sadly this may be the last book in this terrific series...but maybe not as Baldacci further explores the special relationship between Sean and Michelle. However the question "are they or aren't they" still hangs in the balance without an actual answer. We also see Sean's ex-wife Dana, in a more than cameo role as the wife of a 2 star General at the Pentagon.

I have found that one of David Baldacci's great strengths is his ability to create and bring to life a number of compelling characters while showing each ones strengths and weaknesses throughout the story. The reader either likes or hates them...there is no in between. I highly recommend this entire series to all that enjoy a great deal of conspiracy mixed with their mystery & suspense. Although I am the probably the world's most notorious ROO reader, I do believe that this series needs to be RIO as each book brings a continuation of characters and events that could be missed otherwise. ( )
  Carol420 | Sep 22, 2017 |
Once you get past the major random coincidence that gets the ball rolling in this one, you’re in for a typically fun Baldacci outing. At the same time, the motivation of the Big Bad Guy is shaky, and his method and target of revenge is just plain silly as he makes things as complicated and expensive for himself as humanly possible, it would seem. Why can’t evil geniuses ever keep things simple? ( )
  jimgysin | Jun 19, 2017 |
To Shane, Jon, and Rebecca, and the entire cast and crew of the King & Maxwell TV series, thanks for bringing my characters so vividly to life
Forty-eight hundred pounds. That was roughly how much the cargo in the crate weighed.

The teenage son of an U.S. MIA in Afghanistan hires Sean King and Michelle Maxwell--former Secret Service agents turned private investigators--to solve the mystery surrounding his father. But their investigation quickly leads to deeper, more troubling questions. Could Tyler's father really still be alive? What was his true mission? Could Tyler be the next target?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,161,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible