The Stonecutter by Camilla Läckberg

The Stonecutter (2005)

by Camilla Läckberg

Series: Erica Falck & Patrik Hedström (3)

Kind of Cruel by Sophie Hannah (hairball)
    hairball: The core police forces in these novels are almost exchangeable! Bumbling coworkers abound. (I enjoy both mystery series.)

English (63)  Spanish (8)  Dutch (6)  Danish (3)  Swedish (3)  Catalan (2)  French (2)  German (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (89)
Mystery set in Sweden. VERY complex story line and characters. Just goes to show you how different mother-child relationships can be. Difficult to see how what was happening in 1923 had anything to do with murder investigation in 2012. But it was integral to the motive. ( )
  sraelling | May 6, 2018 |
The Stonecutter is the thrilling third book in the Fjällbacka series. The death in this book is quite tragic. A child is found drowned, and it's a child that Erica and Patrick know since the mother of the dead child as a newborn baby in the same age as Erica's. But, it all gets a lot worse when it's discovered that the child was murdered. But, who would kill a child?

The Stonecutter has two parallel stories, the one in the present and then we also move back in time to the beginning of the 20th-century and to a young man, a stonecutter who gets involved with a girl that's far above his league. But, what has this past story to do with the present story?

The Stonecutter is an excellent novel. I love reading books with dual storylines. And I was curious to see what the connection would be between the two stories. The book is chilling to read, the death of a child is always awful to read about and the family of the dead girl acted very strangely. Sure, they grieved the girl, but they all acted so oddly now and then. But, there is also a neighbor feud going on... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
An engaging and intricately plotted story which progresses in two time frames. The characters are credible, the plotting is good, an evocative sense of place and community is impressive and an increasing sense of darkness pervades the story. About half way through I did guess who the murderer probably was but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story. This is the third in the series starring the detective, Patrik Hedstrom but was easily read as a stand alone story. However, I will certainly now seek out the earlier - and later- books in the series. ( )
  linda.a. | Sep 1, 2017 |
Third Erica Falck/Patrik Hedstrom mystery. Good story byt awkward, choppy writing style. Skimmed parts to follow the main thread of the story. Lots of disfunctional families, 2 black widows, begins with the murder of a young girl and spreads our to include 7 other murders, preceding the girl's, in her family.Add a couple of moronic policemen and a case of postpartum depresiion. First book in the series was the best. ( )
  lmnopqr | Jun 23, 2017 |
I believe this is the fourth book I have read in this series and they have all been excellent. They are very character driven crimes with the deep psychology of the characters behind the motives. The author is really adept at providing the reader with just enough to slowly pull you along throughout the entire story. I was always left wanting to turn the page and read "just a couple more pages". ( )
  Kathl33n | Feb 12, 2017 |

Camilla Läckbergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Murray, Steven T.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ulle
All possible happiness
The lobster fishery was not what it once was.

The remote fishing resort of Fjallbacka has seen its share of tragedy, though perhaps none worse than that of the little girl found in a fisherman's net. But the post-mortem reveals that this is no case of accidental drowning. The truth could tear aside the idyllic facade of the town of Fjallbacka, perhaps forever!… (more)

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,003,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible