The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Dream Thieves (2013)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Raven Cycle (2)

A little slower and heavier on the boy angst than its predecessor, but still fun. ( )
  Gretchening | Jul 20, 2017 |
Chainsaw the raven is quite a character! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/06/19/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-may-2017-wrap-up/

Even though it was just as beautifully written as its predecessor, I had a lot of trouble getting into the second book in The Raven Cycle. Despite the extremely slow start however, The Dream Thieves ended up containing my favorite new character — the enigmatic Mr. Gray — and cemented my new favorite Raven Boy: Ronan. Just as predicted. ( )
  yrchmonger | Jun 19, 2017 |
JUST........ WHAT SORT OF ENDING IS THAT
it was just as good as the first one, and i love how it doesn't feel like a different book, it's just a continuation of the story.
i'm pretty much in love with ronan at this point, he kind of made me cry a few times, and blue is one of my favourite female protagonists, but i just wish we could get more of noah, he's wonderful.
i have mixed feelings about adam, on one hand i kind of understand his thinking, but on the other hand sometimes i just wanted to shout at him that he is allowed to be happy and he doesn't always have to suffer to get what he wants.
i also don't really know how to feel about the gray man, i'm not really a fan of the whole thing between him and maura but he is really a gray character which i like very much.
also..... BLUESEY........ i ship them soooooo hard
i love how it manages to be creepy and scary without turning into a horror novel.
i can't wait to read more of it. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
"In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys."

This series is unreal. It's not that it's fantasy (which it is, I suppose), but that it's unreal. The Raven Boys was sluggish and confusing for me, but much as other readers have promised me, Stiefvater hits her stride in The Dream Thieves. It's a dark and pretty melancholy read, but with the first book having been dedicated to building and introducing, we finally get to delve further into the complexities of these strange, damaged teenagers.

In the second installment of The Raven Boys series, Blue and her band of inscrutable prep school boys are further embroiled in an increasingly dangerous metaphysical mystery. Ronan and his haunting adventures in the dream world are at the center of this story. As he explores his ability to pull tangible items into reality from the dreamscape, Ronan has the opportunity to unravel the mysteries surrounding his father's grisly murder and confront the barriers preventing him from moving forward with his life. But his strange talents are attracting a variety of shady characters to steamy Henrietta.

This story is impossibly detailed and complex, making it difficult to summarize with any sort of succinctness. But I'm delighted to finally be on board with a series everyone else seems to love. ( )
  GennaC | May 9, 2017 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Patton, WillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
What if you slept
In your sleep
You dreamed
In your dream
You went to heaven
And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
When you awoke
You had that flower in your hand
Ah, what then?
— SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
— T. E. LAWRENCE
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves.
— AUGUST STRINDBERG
for Jackson, and all her mqrvelous hours [sic]
A secret is a strange thing.
Theoretically, Blue Sargent was probably going to kill one of these boys.

Ronan Lynch learns to
Control his ability
To take things from dreams.
(passion4reading)

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater are awake, magic is swirling around Blue and The Raven boys and Ronan Lynch's ability to pull objects from his dreams is almost out of control but worst of all, the mysterious Gray Man is stalking the Lynch family, looking for something called the Greywaren.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,184,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible