Quarantine #2: The Saints by Lex Thomas

Quarantine #2: The Saints (edition 2013)

by Lex Thomas

Quarantine #2: The Saints by Lex Thomas

Sequel recommended by Naomi bates
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |
Rating: 5

What can I saw about this book? Lex Thomas is killing it. In the first book, the teens where learning how to survive within their school, and they all formed gangs. In this book, the gangs are well-established but things are on the verge of change. Some of the students want to change gangs and others want to overthrow their leaders. The their is the introduction of a brand new gang--the Saint--a slew of brand new, complex characters.

Lex Thomas doesn't stop with an epic plot. He develops super complex characters (Gates!) that make your head spin. And no one is exempt for getting injured or killed. There were so many surprises in this book. All the violence and romance of the first, and of course a little brotherly love.

This book also had a greater concentration on sex. What can I say, it's high school and they have had a year to get accustomed to their life in the school. Of course their focus would change from survival to sex. Their was this one scene where Lucy and Will walk in on a couple, and boy was it hot. Lex Thomas needs to consider writing erotica. He'd make a killing.

Well, one of the gangs might become prostitutes, and it's not the Sluts. I loved getting an inside look at the Sluts. They are not what I expected. I really liked Violet. She's got a sort of boot camp going on. It was so fun to read.

There is so much more I could get into, like the parents, but I don't want to spoil anything. Go read the book; it's awesome.

After you read this, I recommend reading the third book. Then if you want to read another series that has similarities, I recommend [b:The 100|17332969|The 100 (The 100, #1)|Kass Morgan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377012321s/17332969.jpg|24065011] [bc:The 100|17332969|The 100 (The 100, #1)|Kass Morgan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1377012321s/17332969.jpg|24065011]. ( )
  ZetherBooks | Jun 15, 2016 |
This Young Adult novel is a follow up to The Loners. Will, Lucy and a few of the Loners are still stuck in the high school until the virus passes through their bodies. The military have deserted the school, a rogue gang of kids tried to break them out, but only ended up getting some out while stranding themselves in the school. A few concerned parents have decided to take over helping the kids. But, chaos still reins in the school and Will and Lucy find themselves starting over with new gangs. Interesting ending that leads into the third and final book, the Burnouts. ( )
  LeleliaSky | Feb 10, 2016 |

The world inside an infected Colorado high school quarantined by the government takes a startling turn for the worse when a new gang enters the school and starts gaining power.

EgmontUSA

An edition of this book was published by EgmontUSA.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,284,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible