Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by…

Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (edition 2013)

by Chris Grabenstein

Member:Karrie_Leigh
Title:Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
Authors:Chris Grabenstein
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:Own
Rating:***

Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein

Recently added byorcpac7, EBassett, TrinityDay, SRoseberry, WatsonsWizards, sspottyy, private library, isaiah5811, kyoy
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding

English (90)  Spanish (1)  All languages (91)
Synopsis:
A new library is opening and Mr. Lemoncello, a famous game maker, has created a contest to celebrate. Kyle is one of the lucky participants who wins the opportunity to participate.
He and several other classmates will be locked in the library. They will have 24 hours to escape. The first to do so wins an amazing prize.

My rating:
5/5

I really loved this book. It was extremely entertaining. As Kyle and the other children try to solve the puzzles I was right there with them. I had a notebook in front of me trying to follow along the visual clues that were given.
It was just a blast.
I did not guess the way out until pretty late in the book and I had a ton of fun along the way.
It is middle grade and I read reviews by several adults saying their kids loved it but they didn't. I felt this was a great read even as an adult but if you pick this up be aware that some people found it too young.
Libraries and puzzles are something I don't expect to ever outgrow personally.
There are lots of references to other works and I really enjoyed that element of the book as well.
The characters were fun. Kyle is the main character but there are other chapters told from other perspectives as well.
After I read this book I sent text messages to my bestie and my brother telling both that they had to go get this book from the library right away.
I highly recommend for kids and for adults who are kids at heart. ( )
  authorjanebnight | Feb 15, 2019 |
This is a fast moving adventure that is perfect for the puzzle or riddle lover! It provides a literature experience similar to that of doing an actual escape room! Kyle Keeley is a twelve year old boy who attends the Grand Opening of the new library in his hometown. He soon finds out that the Lock-In he had been invited to join is actually a competition. He and some of his friends end up teaming up to solve puzzles and riddles in order to try to be the first ones to escape the library and earn the prize! There are many opportunities for readers throughout the book to try their hand at solving the puzzles first. This is a fun read aloud for upper elementary students or a great one for any of them to read by themselves! ( )
  Brianna.Andrea | Feb 4, 2019 |
Most of the stars come from a description of the coolest library ever. I want to live there. The rest of the book was about kids teaming up to solve a bunch of puzzles - fun but nothing too involving. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Middle grade avid readers will love this book – and librarians too. It takes place in an amazing library, and gives shout outs to many great children’s books. Students who love to solve puzzles and figure out literary clues will enjoy trying to stay one step ahead of the characters as they try to find their way out of the library and win a contest. Librarians will appreciate the book for its homage to the Dewey Decimal System, and for promoting reading by creating a 100-title reading list scattered throughout the book! ( )
1 vote Lindsay_W | Aug 24, 2018 |
A book for book lovers! I listened to the audiobook with my boys (5 and 7) and they enjoyed it. 7yo: I like that they had teams! 5yo: I don’t like Charles and Andrew!

This part is for the audiobook: Personally I didn’t like how the kids were “types” like the nerdy brother w the decidedly needy voice. I also wish the accents were voiced better. To me Lemoncello sounded more South Asian than Italian
  RealLifeReading | Jul 18, 2018 |
For the late Jeanette P. Myers,

and all the other librarians who help us

find

whatever we're looking for
This is how Kyle Keeley got grounded for a week.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037587089X, Hardcover)

Kyle Keeley is the class clown, popular with most kids, (if not the teachers), and an ardent fan of all games: board games, word games, and particularly video games. His hero, Luigi Lemoncello, the most notorious and creative gamemaker in the world, just so happens to be the genius behind the building of the new town library.

Lucky Kyle wins a coveted spot to be one of the first 12 kids in the library for an overnight of fun, food, and lots and lots of games. But when morning comes, the doors remain locked. Kyle and the other winners must solve every clue and every secret puzzle to find the hidden escape route. And the stakes are very high.

In this cross between Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and A Night in the Museum, Agatha Award winner Chris Grabenstein uses rib-tickling humor to create the perfect tale for his quirky characters. Old fans and new readers will become enthralled with the crafty twists and turns of this ultimate library experience.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:46 -0400)

"Twelve-year-old Kyle gets to stay overnight in the new town library, designed by his hero (the famous gamemaker Luigi Lemoncello), with other students but finds that come morning he must work with friends to solve puzzles in order to escape"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible