The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig

The Invisible Boy

by Trudy Ludwig

I liked this book for a few reasons. One reason I liked this book is because it shows what reality can be for some children. Some children in elementary school are "invisible" to their peers and teachers. They never get noticed or treated fairly. Brian does not even get picked for a kickball team. A lot of times, there is the one student who constantly gets picked on or bullied. Brian always played by himself or ate by himself until Brian left Justin (a new boy) a note. Justin joins the class and he get picked on for what he eats. Brian sends Justin a friendly note saying I like what you eat. Later, Justin proceeded to ask Brian to sit at his table for lunch. For some students, they can really relate to this story. Another reason I liked the story is because of the illustrations. You can tell in the beginning of the book when Brian was being picked on, his facial expressions were always sad or you can sense the loneliness. There was barely any color on him in the beginning. But, by the time the Justin becomes friends with him and he starts being noticed, suddenly he is filled with bright and exciting colors. It was a day and night change. It shows that children should be included, be treated with respect and fairness because it will brighten their life up. It shows a contrast in how his life changed. This book just shows that not a single person or child should be left out. Everyone is different, but everyone should be treated the same no matter what. ( )
  tcutsa1 | Feb 8, 2016 |
The Invisible Boy is a trade book about a boy who is left out on a lot of his classmates activities. Nobody ever seems to notice him eventually there is a new student who takes an interest in him. The illustrations in The Invisible Boy are beautiful because it clearly shows how the boy is an outcast. Everyone surrounding him is in color well he's in black and white. All teachers should be using this book in their classroom because it teaches about what bullying can do to a child. It's a painful and very sad time for these students who go through bullying. I really liked this book because it touches on the topic that all educators and teachers should be talking about. Bullying and leaving students out is not a right thing to do at all. You'll never know how much damage these type of things can do to a child. ( )
  s.vang | Dec 2, 2015 |
This beautiful picture book tells the story of a boy that feels forgotten in his own classroom. He feels that no one cares about him including his teacher. One day a new student joins that class. The invisible boy reaches out to him and the new student includes him. The invisible boy doesn't feel so forgotten after all. ( )
  katelyndraper | Oct 20, 2015 |
I really well done picture book. I could see this being a good one for teachers to have at the ready. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
The book INVISIBLE BOY by Trudy Ludwig is one of my favorites. It is a story about a boy that goes unnoticed by everyone, including the teacher. He doesn't get picked to play with at recess, he doesn't get invited to parties, and he doesn't even have anyone to eat lunch with. Then a new kid comes to the class and becomes friends with the boy and he starts to be happy I was really sad when I first started reading this story because it made me realize that there really are kids that go unnoticed in the classroom. This is a good book for all teachers and future teachers to read because it really opens up your eyes and makes you think about who that "invisible" kid in your class is. I also really liked the pictures in this book because it starts out all colors except for Brian, the invisible boy. As the story progresses though he begins to form some color because he starts to make a friend. This is a good discussion starter for classes! I really liked this book because it is eye opening and not only for students but for teachers as well. ( )
  nhall002 | Oct 12, 2015 |
Thank you, Brad, for always including me in your world.--T.J.L.
For Jerry--P.B.

Brian has always felt invisible at school, but when a new student, Justin, arrives, everything changes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,192,913 books! | Top bar: Always visible