The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig

The Invisible Boy

by Trudy Ludwig

This beautiful picture book tells the story of a boy that feels forgotten in his own classroom. He feels that no one cares about him including his teacher. One day a new student joins that class. The invisible boy reaches out to him and the new student includes him. The invisible boy doesn't feel so forgotten after all. ( )
  katelyndraper | Oct 20, 2015 |
I really well done picture book. I could see this being a good one for teachers to have at the ready. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
The book INVISIBLE BOY by Trudy Ludwig is one of my favorites. It is a story about a boy that goes unnoticed by everyone, including the teacher. He doesn't get picked to play with at recess, he doesn't get invited to parties, and he doesn't even have anyone to eat lunch with. Then a new kid comes to the class and becomes friends with the boy and he starts to be happy I was really sad when I first started reading this story because it made me realize that there really are kids that go unnoticed in the classroom. This is a good book for all teachers and future teachers to read because it really opens up your eyes and makes you think about who that "invisible" kid in your class is. I also really liked the pictures in this book because it starts out all colors except for Brian, the invisible boy. As the story progresses though he begins to form some color because he starts to make a friend. This is a good discussion starter for classes! I really liked this book because it is eye opening and not only for students but for teachers as well. ( )
  nhall002 | Oct 12, 2015 |
I really liked this book because of a few different reasons. The illustrations make the storyline easier to understand and shows the symbolic elements in the story. The boy is drawn in black and white and the rest of the book is in color, including the other students. This makes it easier to understand the main issue in the story of the "invisible boy" and to understand the emotions the boy is feeling. The language that the book was written in is easy to read and understand, I think kids would easily be able to get the concept by seeing the visuals and hearing the words. The lesson that this story teaches is to always include other students and to not leave anyone out. This is very important for kids to learn at a young age. After reading this story they should have a clear underdtanding of how it feels to be excluded and hopefully will take that with them throughout the rest of their lives.
  jcooke7 | Oct 12, 2015 |
I really like this story. The illustrations are what make the story so unique. I feel as if the illustrations alone with no words could tell the story. The illustrations are colorful with the main character of the story always drawn in black and white. This shows that he is always sad and no one notices him. As the story goes on Brian begins to meet friends and he eventually isn't black and white anymore. The writing is clear and organized. The book pushes readers to think about how Brian felt and maybe relate it to their life and feelings as well. ( )
  abless3 | Oct 5, 2015 |
Thank you, Brad, for always including me in your world.--T.J.L.
For Jerry--P.B.

Brian has always felt invisible at school, but when a new student, Justin, arrives, everything changes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,960,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible