The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig

The Invisible Boy

by Trudy Ludwig

This was a really good book. This book was really good because it reminded me of when I was in elementary school and shy. Also this book is good because how the illustrator incorporated the main characters feelings in the pictures. When I was younger I was very shy. It was hard for me to talk to others but when I moved to a new school people were nice and I mad friends and eventually stepped out of my comfort zone. This book brings out real emotions that children can feel. The way the author should Bryan’s progress from being shy to stepping out of his comfort zone was great. In the beginning of the book Bryan would play by himself and draw by himself but by the end Bryan is sitting and eating lunch with his new friends. Another reason this book was good was because of the illustrations. The Illustrator made Bryan black and white in the beginning to represent Bryan’s feelings of being invisible. In the middle Bryan was starting to have some color to his body to represent him stepping out of his shyness. At the end Bryan was in full color to represent him not being invisible anymore. The big idea of this book was that just because you are shy does not mean you are invisible and it is ok to step out of your comfort zone. ( )
  KinderelHodgson | Mar 2, 2015 |
I recently read, "The Invisible Boy," by Trudy Ludwig and enjoyed reading it. I liked the main idea of the story. The main idea was anti-bullying. I liked that the book portrayed this message because it made the book seem realistic. Meaning, this situation could happen to anyone and I like that it made it feel that way. I also enjoyed the illustrations in the book. The way the boy filled up with color when he was included really helped with the comprehension of the story. It allowed me, as a reader, to understand the main idea and how he was feeling- left out, not included, and simply invisible. Furthermore, I liked this book because of the characters, Justin and Brian. Even though Brian is "the invisible boy," Justin included him anyway and asks him to work together on a project. This helps Brian become colorful again, and really enhances the main idea of the story because he is included. ( )
  NicoleGinex | Mar 2, 2015 |
I really liked the picture book, The Invisible Boy, by Trudy Ludwig. One of the aspects of the book that I was most drawn to was the illustrations. The illustrations served to enhance the message of the story. The “invisible boy”, Brian, was drawn in black and white at the beginning of the story, while the rest of the children were drawn happily in vivid color. As Brian became less and less invisible to his classmates, his illustration became more colorful. Another aspect of the picture book that I liked was the use of speech bubbles for some of the dialogue. This added interest to the story and helped the reader visually see which character was speaking.

The big idea of the story revolves around friendship, including people, and being nice to one another. ( )
  CarrieHardesty | Mar 1, 2015 |
This piece of realistic fiction is about a little boy who feels invisible. It seems to Brian that no one ever notices him... the teacher has other children to worry about, the other students in the classroom already have best friends, and he is never included in the activities that are going on around him. One day, a new boy named Justin enters the classroom. When Justin was teased at lunch time, Brian reached out to him. In a turn of events, with Justin's help, Brian begins to realize his value and he begins to lose his feeling of invisibility. ( )
  Emilywilson23 | Feb 28, 2015 |
The Invisible Boy was a story about a boy named Brian who never seems to be noticed in class or included in any activities with his other classmates. Until one day a new student, Justin, comes into the classroom and Brain is the first to welcome him to the classroom. Brain and Justin then work on a project together and Justin helps Brain to be himself and show his classmates what a great person he is.
I enjoyed the illustrations a lot in this book. The illustrator did and great job of creating a way the images and story line flow together to help the readers understand the story better even through just the pictures. For example, Brian at first in the story is in a sense “invisible” and ignored so the artist drew him in black and white. As Brain grows out of his shell more, the artist begins to draw Brian with more color. It is entertaining to see the pictures move as Brian gets more self-confidence in himself and becomes less “invisible”.
I also enjoyed the way the story talks about being kind to everyone and to be a good friend. For example, Brian seems to be excluded by the other kids in his class. When it comes time to pick a partner for the project, Justin reaches out to Brian and makes him feel wanted and important. Just one instinct of kindness can change anyone’s day, which is exactly what the book implies to readers. ( )
  Toconn2 | Feb 17, 2015 |

Brian has always felt invisible at school, but when a new student, Justin, arrives, everything changes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,171,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible