The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig

The Invisible Boy

by Trudy Ludwig

Great book to teach the power of a few kind words. Also love using this to show the way illustrations add to the meaning of the story in powerful ways. ( )
  jenjonsarah | Jul 24, 2015 |
The book's illustrations are beautiful and very telling. It can be used to teach the value of friendships and acceptance. It can used in a classroom to teach young readers about he voice of the author and the author's purpose when writing a story. ( )
  Kdd026 | Apr 29, 2015 |
This realistic fiction book is about a boy who feel invisible because he doesn't have nay friends in class. ( )
  ebecker13 | Apr 13, 2015 |
This was a really good book. This book was really good because it reminded me of when I was in elementary school and shy. Also this book is good because how the illustrator incorporated the main characters feelings in the pictures. When I was younger I was very shy. It was hard for me to talk to others but when I moved to a new school people were nice and I mad friends and eventually stepped out of my comfort zone. This book brings out real emotions that children can feel. The way the author should Bryan’s progress from being shy to stepping out of his comfort zone was great. In the beginning of the book Bryan would play by himself and draw by himself but by the end Bryan is sitting and eating lunch with his new friends. Another reason this book was good was because of the illustrations. The Illustrator made Bryan black and white in the beginning to represent Bryan’s feelings of being invisible. In the middle Bryan was starting to have some color to his body to represent him stepping out of his shyness. At the end Bryan was in full color to represent him not being invisible anymore. The big idea of this book was that just because you are shy does not mean you are invisible and it is ok to step out of your comfort zone. ( )
  KinderelHodgson | Mar 2, 2015 |
I recently read, "The Invisible Boy," by Trudy Ludwig and enjoyed reading it. I liked the main idea of the story. The main idea was anti-bullying. I liked that the book portrayed this message because it made the book seem realistic. Meaning, this situation could happen to anyone and I like that it made it feel that way. I also enjoyed the illustrations in the book. The way the boy filled up with color when he was included really helped with the comprehension of the story. It allowed me, as a reader, to understand the main idea and how he was feeling- left out, not included, and simply invisible. Furthermore, I liked this book because of the characters, Justin and Brian. Even though Brian is "the invisible boy," Justin included him anyway and asks him to work together on a project. This helps Brian become colorful again, and really enhances the main idea of the story because he is included. ( )
  NicoleGinex | Mar 2, 2015 |
Thank you, Brad, for always including me in your world.--T.J.L.
For Jerry--P.B.

Brian has always felt invisible at school, but when a new student, Justin, arrives, everything changes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,439,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible