Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 16: Deadpool by…

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 16: Deadpool

by Brian Michael Bendis

1203100,400 (3.37)1

Hrm. I expected to like this one more. Deadpool is such an interesting character, but all we get from "Wadey Wilson" in this volume is him trying to kill Spidey and my X-Men. Nothing but hate and badguy-ness. Not cool, Mr. Pool. I did enjoy how Spider-man went after Kitty and threw down with the X-Men. And more tension forms between Peter and MJ when she sees televised footage of Spider-Man and Kitty Pride kissing (poor MJ). But the other stories in this collection were disjointed. The spy that was such an interesting element introduced recently is just revealed for really no reason. The volume really fizzled out. ( )
  katekintail | Mar 12, 2016 |
The team-up with the X-men here is pretty cool, and I do still enjoy Peter's relationship with Kitty Pryde. It's -- so far -- sweet, and much less emotionally roller-coastery than his relationship with Mary Jane. Of course, that's because he loves Mary Jane, and he doesn't love Kitty, so I don't know how long this is going to last.

But yeah, sorry Lisa-love, I like the X-men (the Ultimate X-men, at least) quite a bit. Ororo looks so cool. Looking forward to getting those TPBs...

Deadpool, meh, I'm not fussed about him from what I've seen just in this issue. ( )
  shanaqui | Nov 29, 2013 |
Now that Peter is officially dating Kitty Pryde, Ultimate Spider-Man has finally gotten more interesting for me to read. The X-Men keep popping in, which is fine by me, and Peter doesn't seem like such a snot-nosed kid.

There are three separate stories collected in this trade. In the first, Peter is accidentally kidnapped, along with the rest of the X-Men, and dumped onto an island full of enraged psychopath mutant-haters, led by none other than "Wadey Wilson," aka Deadpool. I don't care for the Ultimate-ization of Deadpool here, but whatever, you win some and you lose some, and it's still a good read.

The next storyline involves Ultimate Morbius. The reader doesn't learn a lot about him. Instead, we just see that vampires are inexplicably attacking people, including one of Peter's co-workers, and apparently only Morbius can save them. And Peter has nasty tasting blood. Well, at least that spider was good for something besides making Peter emo!

The last storyline is found in the annual. Basically, it's a big brawl featuring Daredevil, Moon Knight, the Punisher, and Spider-Man taking on the Kangaroo. Too bad Peter's being fed information by a dirty cop who is in league with the Kingpin and is using them all to take care of Kingpin's enemies. Peter grows up a little. ( )
  schatzi | Feb 19, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785119272, Paperback)

Spider-Man teams up with his new girlfriend - the X-Men's Kitty Pryde, who gets a new super-hero identity for when she's not hanging with her mutant mates! Plus: Meet the dangerous Ultimate Deadpool - and the Ultimate Reavers! It's mutant action, with Spidey caught in the middle! Collects Ultimate Spider-Man #91-97, and Annual #2.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:32 -0400)

Spider-Man teams up with his new girl friend, who is Kitty Pryde when she's hanging out with the X-Men, but gets a new secret identity for when she's swinging with Spidey. Plus, Spider-man takes on Ultimate Deadpool and the Ultimate Reavers. Guest starring the Ultimate X-Men.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,701,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible