Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters by…

Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (edition 2007)

by Allan Heinberg, Jim Cheung (Illustrator), Andrea Di Vito (Illustrator), Gene Ha (Illustrator), John Dell (Illustrator)2 more, Andrew Hennessy (Illustrator), Dave Meikis (Illustrator)

Member:Tafadhali
Title:Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters
Authors:Allan Heinberg
Other authors:Jim Cheung (Illustrator), Andrea Di Vito (Illustrator), Gene Ha (Illustrator), John Dell (Illustrator), Andrew Hennessy (Illustrator)1 more, Dave Meikis (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2007), Paperback, 184 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:comics, american, 21st century, superheroes, read

Young Avengers Vol. 2: Family Matters by Allan Heinberg

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first TPB somehow, but it is a lot of fun. I want more of Billy and Teddy, as a couple, at the same time as I want more of the team as a whole. I think I came out of this with half a dozen new ships. These novels make me fannish more than pretty much anything else I read, just as the Marvel movies make me ridiculously excited. I love the female characters, and I want more of them -- heck, I want more of all of it. I'm enjoying the various revelations of how each Young Avenger came to have powers (or not, in Kate's case).

In fact, now I'm envisioning a Young Avengers movie. It'd be too obvious to have Jennifer Lawrence for Kate, right? ( )
  shanaqui | Aug 25, 2013 |
While I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first, I did find it entertaining. The art continued to be of the same vibrant quality and the story - when I could understand it - was interesting...[It features] a touching coming-out scene as well, which manages to be both heart-warming and hilarious. Great read. [full review on my bloghref>] ( )
  theinsidestory | May 19, 2010 |
I liked this one much better than the first one! Some of it still doesn't make sense, and in the context of a graphic novel it still feels very rushed, but then I think about the fact that people would normally be waiting six months to read this story and the pace is a bit more justifiable. Teddy and Billy are adorable, and everyone's past seems like such a mystery. All the pieces are nice nods to previous Marvel continuity, though (well, one continuity or another), and so I'm enjoying it. Was I the only Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man 'shipper? I sure hope not. I always wanted them to live happily ever after. ( )
1 vote ovistine | Nov 9, 2008 |
The loss of a member, the addition of another, some dark secrets, and would you do what Captain America told you if you had super powers? Not quite what you expect after the first volume. That is both good and bad. It is bad enough dealing with your boyfriend, or your girlfriend, let alone your parents, when you have not 'come out' in either sense of the word. Then you have the Avengers on your tail! Very complicated.

http://graphicsf.blogspot.com/2006/11/young-avengers-2-family-matters.html ( )
  bluetyson | Sep 29, 2006 |

Allan Heinbergprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferry, PasqualIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785120211, Hardcover)

The newly reconfigured Young Avengers prepare to make their public debut - but first they have to face a threat more powerful than Kang the Conqueror, more dangerous than Mr. Hyde and more cunning than the Masters of Evil: their parents. For these brand-new super heroes, fighting super-villains is child's play compared to maintaining their alter egos! Collects Young Avengers #7-12, Young Avengers Special.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:50 -0400)

The newly reconfigured Young Avengers prepare to make their debut - but first they face a threat more powerful than Kang the Conquerer and more cunning than the Masters of Evil: their parents. For these new superheroes, fighting super-villians is child's play compared to maintaining their alter egos!… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,038,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible