Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters by…

Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (edition 2007)

by Allan Heinberg, Jim Cheung (Illustrator), Andrea Di Vito (Illustrator), Gene Ha (Illustrator), John Dell (Illustrator)2 more, Andrew Hennessy (Illustrator), Dave Meikis (Illustrator)

Title:Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters
Authors:Allan Heinberg
Other authors:Jim Cheung (Illustrator), Andrea Di Vito (Illustrator), Gene Ha (Illustrator), John Dell (Illustrator), Andrew Hennessy (Illustrator)1 more, Dave Meikis (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2007), Paperback, 184 pages
Tags:comics, american, 21st century, superheroes, read, fiction

Young Avengers Vol. 2: Family Matters by Allan Heinberg

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first TPB somehow, but it is a lot of fun. I want more of Billy and Teddy, as a couple, at the same time as I want more of the team as a whole. I think I came out of this with half a dozen new ships. These novels make me fannish more than pretty much anything else I read, just as the Marvel movies make me ridiculously excited. I love the female characters, and I want more of them -- heck, I want more of all of it. I'm enjoying the various revelations of how each Young Avenger came to have powers (or not, in Kate's case).

In fact, now I'm envisioning a Young Avengers movie. It'd be too obvious to have Jennifer Lawrence for Kate, right? ( )
  shanaqui | Aug 25, 2013 |
While I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first, I did find it entertaining. The art continued to be of the same vibrant quality and the story - when I could understand it - was interesting...[It features] a touching coming-out scene as well, which manages to be both heart-warming and hilarious. Great read. [full review on my bloghref>] ( )
  theinsidestory | May 19, 2010 |
I liked this one much better than the first one! Some of it still doesn't make sense, and in the context of a graphic novel it still feels very rushed, but then I think about the fact that people would normally be waiting six months to read this story and the pace is a bit more justifiable. Teddy and Billy are adorable, and everyone's past seems like such a mystery. All the pieces are nice nods to previous Marvel continuity, though (well, one continuity or another), and so I'm enjoying it. Was I the only Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man 'shipper? I sure hope not. I always wanted them to live happily ever after. ( )
1 vote ovistine | Nov 9, 2008 |

Allan Heinbergprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferry, PasqualIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0785120211, Hardcover)

The newly reconfigured Young Avengers prepare to make their public debut - but first they have to face a threat more powerful than Kang the Conqueror, more dangerous than Mr. Hyde and more cunning than the Masters of Evil: their parents. For these brand-new super heroes, fighting super-villains is child's play compared to maintaining their alter egos! Collects Young Avengers #7-12, Young Avengers Special.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:52 -0400)

The newly reconfigured Young Avengers prepare to make their debut - but first they face a threat more powerful than Kang the Conquerer and more cunning than the Masters of Evil: their parents. For these new superheroes, fighting super-villians is child's play compared to maintaining their alter egos!… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,860,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible