Each Peach Pear Plum by Allan Ahlberg

Each Peach Pear Plum (1978)

by Allan Ahlberg, Janet Ahlberg

I would use this book in a kindergarten classroom to introduce the idea of rhyming words. I could also use this book to introduce students to imagery as well. ( )
  LRetzlaff | Feb 6, 2016 |
A true classic,an absolute must read for all kids,starting from the smallest who can point to the pictures to locate people and things to older kids familiar with the nursery rhymes,to older kids who come to realize that the landscape ouside the windows are totally real,they can plot their way across hills and fields,and bridges all the way back to the picnic.A masterpiece ( )
  dustydigger | Jan 22, 2016 |
Each Peach Pear Plum is an easy read book. The title of the book is very different then what is inside the book. On each page it says, “I spy” and then a different fairy tale person. Until at the end of the book they all come together. This is a fun book for children to read who are just leaning to read. This is a book that would more be found in the classroom library rather then at read aloud. The illustrations in this book are helpful for the “I spy” part of the book. But the illustrations are also maybe a little abstract then the way one may picture the charters. ( )
  kelsmarie09 | Dec 3, 2015 |
I especially liked the cat gripping the the Wicked Witch's bottom. ( )
  Lukerik | Nov 24, 2015 |
This book keeps readers engaged with its rhythm but also the fact that its readers have to be looking for what is being read in the pictures. I would say that this book is appropriate for preschool to kindergarten.
  Sarah.Lew | Apr 29, 2015 |

Allan Ahlbergprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ahlberg, Janetmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Each Peach Pear Plum I spy Tom Thumb

Kim

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 014050639X, Paperback)

"Each Peach Pear Plum. I spy Tom Thumb!" In this engaging, interactive book for the very young, familiar nursery-rhyme characters such as Mother Hubbard and Baby Bunting sneak their way into the gentle drawings. Even young children who might not know all the fairy-tale stars can find them lurking in the cupboard, on the stairs, or deep in the woods. In the happy finale, the whole cast meets up for plum pie in the sun, where the little one on your lap will gleefully find everyone. An American Library Association Notable Book. (Baby to preschooler)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:27 -0400)

Rhymed text and illustrations invite the reader to play "I Spy" with a variety of Mother Goose and other folklore characters.

3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 067088278X, 0140509194, 0141337710

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,254,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible