A WAR HERO RETURNS -- AN INTERNATIONAL…

A WAR HERO RETURNS -- AN INTERNATIONAL ROMANTIC THRILLER (edition 2013)

by JOHNNY RAY

Member:roadway2000
Title:A WAR HERO RETURNS -- AN INTERNATIONAL ROMANTIC THRILLER
Authors:JOHNNY RAY
Info:Sir John Publishing (2013), Kindle Edition, 283 pages

A WAR HERO RETURNS -- AN INTERNATIONAL ROMANTIC THRILLER by Johnny Ray

ER Review.
Romantic Thriller. A female CIA operator returns to find her mother, suffering with Alzheimers, has sold off her inheritance from her dead father. To the romantic interest. There is a lot of travel and high speed adventure. Good read. ( )
  C4RO | Jun 28, 2013 |
In A War Hero Returns, the main character, Suzan Mercer returns after eight years of serving in Afghanistan as a CIA operative. She is shocked to discover that all the land bequeathed to her upon her father's death has been stolen by her mother, who has an onset of Alzheimer's, and sold off to a developer.

She finds herself being propelled to fight against the man whom she believes to have tricked her mother into selling her property. As she continues convincing herself of the abuse of power that one man, Matt Harris, had exercised over her sick mother, she realizes just how far gone her mother's condition has become.

As the story progresses, things seem to take on a life of their own. The more that Suzan uncovers, the deeper the secrets go. Nothing is entirely as it seems.

Johnny Ray's persuasive storytelling has an underlying sense of gusto. There is a sense of cloak-and-dagger with a twist of exploits around the world.

Read the entire review here:
Bookend Chronicles ( )
  gigifrost | May 17, 2013 |
When Suzan returns from 8 years in Afghanistan (along with being an operative in the CIA) she discovers that her beloved Florida property, bequeathed to her by her deceased father, has been sold to a high end developer. As any woman would do, she confronts the man that "took" her land. Here we go, on a wild ride of intercontinental travel, mystique, romance, revenge.............it's all in there. Normally not a fan of these types of books, I completely enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down. I do believe there is room for a sequel here. ( )
  CindyHoldmann | Apr 5, 2013 |
I received this book from Library Thing to read and review. This is an action filled suspenseful romance. The author has once again developed a strong female for the main character. Suzan Mercer’s promised her his land on his dying bed. However, while she was deployed to Afghanistan, her mother, using the power of attorney, sold it to Matt Harris a billionaire developer and well known playboy. Though they are immediately attracted to each other, Suzan is determined to get her land back from Matt. Thus, the story of their love and her determination to get back her inheritance unfolds. Suzan has a history of working for the Army as well as working as a CIA operative and gets involved in some company operations as a subplot of this story. Will she get her land back or will she give in to Matt’s and her own feelings? How will the CIA operations play out in her life, the life of Matt and the lives of these two characters together? This is a well written, interesting story. As I read it, I became more and more involved in the storyline, hurrying to move on to the next pages and chapter. I have read another of the author’s books and found this one to be as well written and with another good strong female lead. As a retired Army officer, I found Suzan’s training and bearing well done. It is definitely refreshing to find a female lead character in a book today who is like Suzan. All I can say to the author is to keep coming with the good books. ( )
  KMT01 | Apr 1, 2013 |
A War Hero Returns by Johnny Ray

Susan Mercer returns from Afghanistan, a war hero, but it has little meaning when she finds out the land her father left her has been sold and her mother is ill. But she will fight to get her land back. Little does she know how much this fight will change her life.

A War Hero Returns by Johnny Ray is a story of a female war hero returning from the war in Afghanistan to her life turned upside down. There is action, suspense, romance and a few surprises in the book, While it is listed as a romance novel, I think it would also fit in the action category.
Writing is well done, and it was easy to keep up with all the goings on. Some of the romance scenes I did not care for. If they had been a bit more tastefully written I would have liked the scenes better. Over all though, I did enjoy the story.

I did recieve a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  grammygeek | Mar 18, 2013 |

Johnny Ray is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,384,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible