Unfinished Business (The David Trilogy) by S…

Unfinished Business (The David Trilogy) (edition 2013)

by S C Cunningham (Author)

332,923,641 (4)None
Member:SCCunningham
Title:Unfinished Business (The David Trilogy)
Authors:S C Cunningham (Author)
Info:S C Cunningham (2013), Kindle Edition, 468 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:thriller, romance, crime, murder, mystery, cunningham, london, amalfi, amalfi coast, revenge, comedy

Unfinished Business by S C Cunningham

I am so happy to be on the blog tour for the second installment in the David Trilogy series, Unfinished Business, by S.C. Cunningham. I was fortunate enough to have read the first book in the series, The Penance List, and absolutely fell in love with the quirky characters and the storyline. I could not wait to get my greedy hands all over Unfinished Business because I was just dying to find out what happens next. I am happy to say S.C Cunningham certainly delivers on all of the expectations I had for this story. Here is the link to my review for the first book, The Penance List:

If you have not read the first book, you may want to stop now as I will be referencing some details from the first book.

Ok ready? Here goes.

David is safely behind bars where he belongs after kidnapping Tara Warr and holding her captive in his lair. Unfortunately for Tara, her time in captivity really took a toll on her. She could not stop thinking about David and what he had done to her. She still craves him even after a year has gone by. She can’t seem to stop the feelings she has for him and wants to get on with her life, so Tara decides to visit him in prison hoping it will bring her the closure she needs. She wants to take back control of her life and be normal for a change. Only, closure never comes and she finds herself still attracted and wanting David as much as she hates to admit it.

David has plans of his own though and Tara is included in them. He fancies himself in love with Tara even though he wants to kill her. So, he devises his own plan of escaping the prison he finds himself in and finally finishing off what he started.

Will Tara ever be free of David?

Unfinished Business takes everything that I loved from the first book in the trilogy and steps it up a notch. Cunningham surely delivers weaving a blend of darkness and light into her stories. She takes some heavy subject matter such as child sexual abuse and while she could keep the story dark, she inserts lighter moments between Tara and her friends. We learn more about David and his past abuse and we can’t help but feel sorry for him for all that he endured as a young boy. His experiences created the monster that he is today. Although David is a monster, I could still see that in his own sick and twisted way he really does care and love Tara minus the “wanting to kill her part.”

Unfinished Business really breaks through sexual barriers with boy on boy action, girl on girl and straight hetero sexual encounters. It is like a sexual no holds barred awakening with intense scenes and dirty talk that will make even the most open minded person blush and squirm. I freakin loved it!

If you love a good psychological suspense, witty banter, and shockingly honest sexual encounters that out most erotica to shame then you will LOVE Unfinished Business just as much as I did. This is a series that should not be missed. S.C. Cunningham is a skilled writer that gets all up in your face with the shock factor and does it with a style and flare that not many can accomplish. ( )
  RobynReo | Aug 15, 2018 |
Though I enjoyed the 1st book in the trilogy, I found this one disjointed and farfetched. It was unbelievable to me that one of the characters was hiding a secret that wasn't even hinted at in the 1st book and it seemed to me that it was thrown in at the last minute. Also, it seemed odd that another character (who I cannot mention as a spoiler) toward the end was suddenly connected with others.
Yet another last-minute effort to win over the reader.

I also couldn't connect with the main characters anymore. They all seemed so naive and unlikeable. Especially, Tara. I tried to like this 2nd book in the series, but it wasn't for me.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. I voluntarily chose to read and post an honest review.

More reviews at https://eclecticreview.com. ( )
  theeclecticreview | Jul 14, 2018 |
This review was written by the author.
‘SC Cunningham has done it again! What a fantastic writer. This second book in the series is just as brilliant as the first and has you gripped from the very first page. Tara has been through hell, and just when she thinks things are going back to 'normal' things start to happen and its 'here we go again!'.
I don’t like to say too much about the story as it spoils it for other readers; all I will say is pick it up when you have plenty of time because you won't want to put it down. It’s very erotic, brutal and well and truly graphic. I said in my last review of the first book it was 50 shades crossed with Martina Cole, I still stand by that! Well done Siobhan! Can't wait for the film to be released and book 3!’
AMAZON REVIEW, 5 Stars, Cliffy, UK.

‘I read a lot of books and this book moves up to one of my top 5 reads. It is very erotic and intense at the same time. I like the way it goes into the past then back to the present. It keeps you on edge not knowing what is going to happen next. I read this book in 3 days because it is one of those books where you just don't want to stop reading it. Thumbs up to the author. Very well done.’
AMAZON REVIEW, 5 Stars, Steven Raffensburger, USA

'Couldn't put it down, totally reeled me in, had me reading & reading to the small hours. Gripping! Can't wait for the third in the series.'
AMAZON REVIEW 5 Stars, Stuart, UK

'OMG!! Finished ‘Unfinished business’! You certainly know how to have an ending AGAIN. Thought 1st one was good but this 1 fab. '' ( )
  SCCunningham | Feb 21, 2013 |
For Peggy Noonan & Scarlett Raven, my mother & daughter, my raison d'être.

With warm heartfelt thanks to the amazing souls of;

Sue Polley, Lucy Lenigas and David Scott for their ‘blonde’ faith.

Editors Arran Plummer and Jan Wills for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Gary Stretch, genius storyteller, for turning my lump of coal into diamond, giving it life.
Oh so gently, not to wake her, he pulled back the bed sheet and slowly eased her legs apart. The cool night air teased naked skin and pumped her senses on high alert. Delicious, pulsing excitement built between her legs… he’s here, he’s here!

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Exhausted with running, Tara Warr finally cracks, it's time to turn the tables on her stalker and make him suffer as she has done. UNFINISHED BUSINESS continues the roller coaster ride of psychotic David's obsession with his childhood sweetheart.

With the help of her gutsy friends, fun-loving city girl Tara Warr is the only victim to survive David Howard’s death list. Whilst lounging in prison the sexual tour de force enlists an eager recruit, seduces a prison warden and relocates to the sunnier climes of Mexico. A freedom short-lived when his charred remains are found in the fire of a plastic surgeon’s clinic. The police cease their search, finally Tara and her friends can relax, scheming David is dead.

Laughter soon turns to fear when he communicates via Tara’s laptop that he is very much alive, knows their every move and is ready to finish what he started. He is among them, but who? He has a brand new face. How much trouble can one man cause?

S C Cunningham is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,871,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible