Wolf in Sheep's Clothing; A retelling of…

by Mark White (Author), Sara Rojo Pérez (Illustrator)

113,689,591 (5)None
Member:irachelsweet
Title:Wolf in Sheep's Clothing; A retelling of Aesop's fable (My 1st Classic Story)
Authors:Mark White (Author)
Other authors:Sara Rojo Pérez (Illustrator)
Info:Picture Window Books (2011), Library Binding, 24 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:CSULB ETEC 545 Class 3, Traditional literature (fable)

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing; A retelling of Aesop's fable (My 1st Classic Story) by Mark White

Recently added byirachelsweet

Characters: Wolf, sheep, farmer

Setting: Farmer's house and yard

Theme: Appearances are deceptive. Don't pretend to be who you are not.

Motif: Unwise antagonist

Summary: A wolf wants to infiltrate the farmer's yard that has the high fence inside which many sheep reside. The lucky wolf finds the skin of a lamb, puts it onto himself, and strolls down among the sheep. But his plan to enjoy a hearty meal is interrupted for the farmer is preparing a lamb dish for dinner.

Review: The illustrations are modern and enjoyable. As far as the story goes, it contains a deep meaningful life lesson that could especially affect females. When it comes to concern for body image, females often are victimized by media. Females with a skinny yet glamorous figure with spotless skin are praised and set as examples and standards for women. However, it is wrong to prioritize appearances because what matters is what is inside. When I read the story, I thought of the second grader I met during field experience who refused to eat nothing else but a piece of carrot for lunch because she needed to "watch her weight." I hope this story will be a guide for students in making a healthy choice with regard to reshaping body image.

Curriculum times: Health (making healthy choices, healthy nutrient rich diet, exercise) ( )
  irachelsweet | Feb 26, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,661,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible