Wait for You by J. Lynn

Wait for You

by J. Lynn

4195525,318 (3.98)4

I do like new adult books but I thought this one was a little lacking. There wasn't enough sex, it was predictable, and the guy was faar too perfect. A shy, naive, scared 19 year old flees from Texas to attend college on the east coast far away from her family and the reputation she had at high school. Eager to start fresh she wants to blend in and try to be normal. Then she meets Cam and everything is turned upside down. not bad but not great. ( )
  ecataldi | Jan 2, 2017 |
You can never go wrong with a Jennifer Armentrout book. She just writes amazing novels. and this knew was no exception. I absolutely loved Cam and Avery. The novel had it's angst but it wasn't completely overwhelming and I really enjoyed that. I had fun reading this one. Avery was super awkward at times and Cam was just completely wonderful.
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
I loved this book!
This book reminded me of My Favorite Mistake & Beautiful Disaster.

It was emotional, romantic, & charming with an excellent storyline.

Avery has been through a life changing event and had the support of no one through it. When it comes to college she wants to get as far away as possible.

On her first day of classes she runs into a guy, but not just some random guy.... The hottest guy - Cameron Hamilton. She is instantly consumed by thoughts of him, but little does she know he also has secrets from his past.

Together they embark on a heartfelt, emotional romance.

This book is a page turner. I couldn't put it down once I started.

The characters made this book awesome. Their personalities really shined through and their relationship was one of a kind.

I highly recommend this book! ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Was sucked into this right away. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
Finally, I read a J. Lynn book!

And...

I really enjoyed this one. I'm on the fence with rating though so it's somewhere in the 3.5-4 star category. The characters were likable. (except for Molly and those things over there aka Avery's parents) The plot was a little predictable. (I mean you can guess what happened to Avery based on the blurb) There was mini-suspense (eh, I could have done with or without it)

It was funny. Sometimes the humor was so spot on. (I'm a gal who loves to laugh) The secondary characters were cute and hilarious at times.

It was heart melting at times - Cam seriously was a sweet talker. Makes me wish I could redo college and find a guy like him.

Avery is one lonely person. I liked her the most when she realized this. Weird? Probably. I found most of her reactions based on her history to be believable. But she did wash her hands in Lake TSTL, luckily Cam helped her dry that shit off.

Her confronting her asshat of parents? Totally not necessary but it was necessary for her to finally shake that sludge of her teenage years off.

A complaint of mine? After the turmoil she suffered and bedroom issues that resulted...she did not go to counseling. Why not? She should of. She did suffer from PTSD and was able to 'get over it' with Cam, on her own after years of denial?

I'll step off my counseling soapbox get back to main story. Cameron Hamilton is one sexy mofo who's tall, good looking, bakes(this is when you know fiction is involved), likes eating boiled eggs and drinking milk (no mention of smelly farts - sorry I went there but it niggled me every time he gulped down milk and ate boiled eggs like it was going out of style), super confident, an ex soccer player (um soccer players are one of my favorite type of guy- I'd lick him up and down) and an alpha-beta mix (he's like alpha Jr. in a sense) All in all a fairly normal dude and I really enjoyed him.

There were typos but it did not detract from the story. So sticklers beware.

This is book one of the series, so would I read more? Sure.

Mmm...3.75 STARS but I'll round this bitch.
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

"Some things are worth waiting for... Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself. Some things are worth experiencing... Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed. Some things should never be kept quiet... But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her? And some things are worth fighting for.."--… (more)

75 wanted3 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,214,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible