Otherborn by Joan Gould

Otherborn (1980)

by Joan Gould

512,090,235 (4)3

This is an oddly memorable short novel. Two children are marooned on a Pacific Island, and taken in by the local "primitive" tribe. Slowly, they begin to realize that the inhabitants are not primitive, and definately not the usual run-of-the-mill humans. The story is gently told, with no violence and only one storm. But it stays with me, and I have a curious sense of unsettled-ness. I'm going to have to read it again. ( )
  MerryMary | Jun 14, 2007 |
To Martin. With. Without. Within.
Prologue: Somewhere in the middle of the pacific Ocean there is an island called Hita Hee - or at least we think there is.

A boy and his sister, separated from their boat, come ashore on a Pacific island inhabited by a race of people with a radically different conception of birth, aging, and death.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible