The Time Between by Karen White

The Time Between (edition 2014)

by Karen White (Author)

Member:cindystark
Title:The Time Between
Authors:Karen White (Author)
Info:Berkley (2014), Edition: Reprint, 368 pages

The Time Between by Karen White

My favorite so far out of all of Karen White's books. It contains so much depth, emotions, and secrets. Then in the end it came all together a full circle. ( )
  nu-bibliophile | Nov 20, 2016 |
I'm so happy she has written lots of books and so far I have read only two---lots more of her books to enjoy! I just like the way she writes and the characters she has develop over time---yes, somewhat lengthy but I, for one, didn't mind at all. ( )
  nyiper | Jul 26, 2016 |
This is a slow moving storyline but not in a bad way. It needs to take the time for the reader to get to know the characters, get to know their history and journey with them as they change. You need to know why they are hurting like they are, what changed them and how they go about healing each other. It is a very well written story that made me smile, laugh out loud and shed a small tear. It's a very beautiful story and I'm glad I took the time to read it. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
It took me a little while to appreciate the characters. Once it picked up steam the story was touching and the characters lovable. ( )
  nljacobs | Jan 19, 2016 |
Would be a perfect book for the beach. The story was nice, but not as tight as I would have liked. Without giving any spoilers, there were emotions and relationships that wered meted out, and were never fully explained. I don't like how that aspect of the book read, but overall, I would recommend. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
White delves into a co-dependent, guilt-ridden, martyring sisterhood relationship in one story path. The other path, connected by Eleanor, is of Helena, one of two sisters who left Hungary during World War II as the Nazis began to occupy Budapest. The secrets and mystery of “The Time Between” are revealed in Helena’s story, so I won’t spoil the surprise. But know that there’s some history here, and drama, and tragic death. There is also love, loyalty and second chances.
added by kthomp25 | editHerald-Sun, BY DAWN BAUMGARTNER VAUGHAN

New York Times bestselling author Karen White delivers a novel of two generations of sisters and secrets set in the stunning South Carolina Lowcountry.

Eleanor Murray will always remember her childhood on Edisto Island, where her late father, a local shrimper, shared her passion for music. Now her memories of him are all that tempers the guilt she feels over the accident that put her sister in a wheelchair—and the feelings she harbors for her sister’s husband.

To help support her sister, Eleanor works at a Charleston investment firm during the day, but she escapes into her music, playing piano at a neighborhood bar. Until the night her enigmatic boss walks in and offers her a part-time job caring for his elderly aunt, Helena, back on Edisto. For Eleanor, it’s a chance to revisit the place where she was her happiest—and to share her love of music with grieving Helena, whose sister recently died under mysterious circumstances.

An island lush with sweetgrass and salt marshes, Edisto has been a peaceful refuge for Helena, who escaped with her sister from war-torn Hungary in 1944. The sisters were well-known on the island, where they volunteered in their church and community. But now Eleanor will finally learn the truth about their past: secrets that will help heal her relationship with her own sister—and set Eleanor free....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:30 -0400)

Seeking atonement over her guilt that she caused her sister's paralysis, Eleanor takes a job caring for an elderly woman and becomes caught up in the woman's life of passion, danger, heartache, and deception in Hungary during World War II.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,686,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible