Body Movers by Stephanie Bond

Body Movers (edition 2013)

by Stephanie Bond

Member:MissYvonnee
Title:Body Movers
Authors:Stephanie Bond
Info:Stephanie Bond, Incorporated (2013), Paperback, 326 pages

Body Movers by Stephanie Bond

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) by Janet Evanovich (sjmccreary, Bnickle)
    sjmccreary: Both these series feature slightly ditzy fashion-focused women trying to solve mysteries that are really beyond their abilities. Funny, with wacky cast of characters.

Carlotta Wren thought life couldn’t get much worse after her parents go on the run and her fiancé dumps her. Ten years later, her parents’ case is reopened and her ex-fiancé’s wife is murder, making Carlotta the prime suspect.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Dec 6, 2016 |
This book by no means is deep, and its not quite Janet Evanovich. That said its a fun read and a good way to relax and kill they day with a good old fashion trash novel. ( )
  Shadowling | Jun 6, 2016 |
A cozy mystery where the plot centers around the poor, no more rich girl who has more weird things happen to her that is normal. Now Carlotta and her brother Wesley are in the dead body moving business. A mystery within a mystery has me looking for more in this series. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 1, 2016 |
Absolutely loved it! I've had this on my shelf for a while and I am so glad I decided to pick it up. I loved that I had no idea who the killer was until he showed himself. I had theories but I was completely wrong lol. I like when a book takes me by surprise. I can't wait to read more of this series! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
This is a light mystery. Lots of "suspense", although I can not say I really like the main character...she's too co-dependent on her immature ,selfish, moronic brother who is a total Screw-up (he has No redeeming qualities what-so-ever) who proves himself to be an even bigger Jerk in this installment.

There is romance, big-name store shopping, a mortician (hence "Body Movers"), AWOL parents come back, ex-fiance, a goth best friend, and a hottie detective.

The story went back and forth between Carlotta & her brother Wesley...creating some of the suspense. A "Light" mystery, considering it is mainly chick-lit.

Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324826, Mass Market Paperback)

So Carlotta Wren's life hasn't turned out as she'd planned. She didn't plan for her parents to skip bail for a white-collar crime, leaving her to raise her brother. She didn't plan on having the silver spoon ripped from her mouth and forgoing college to work retail. She didn't plan on her blue-blood fiancé dumping her. And she didn't plan on still being single ten years later, working at Neiman Marcus, with no idea where her fugitive parents are. But she's coping. Until—

—her lovable brother is arrested, and the hunky cop decides to reopen her parents' case.

—her brother becomes a body mover for the morgue, and his sexy boss gets Carlotta involved.

—her former fiancé's wife (a good customer) is murdered, fingering Carlotta.

With three men in her life, Carlotta has added motivation to help bag a murderer to keep her own well-dressed body from being next on the list!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:00 -0400)

"Will her killer fashion sense prove fatal? Okay, so Carlotta Wren's life hasn't turned out as she'd planned. She didn't plan for her parents to skip bail for a white-collar crime and abandon her at eighteen, leaving her to raise her younger brother. She didn't plan on having the silver spoon ripped out of her mouth and having to forgo college to work retail. She didn't plan on her blue-blood fiance, Peter, dumping her like last year's designer bag. And she didn't plan to be single (with no prospects), working at Neiman Marcus ten years later. But she's coping, sort of . . . Until her lovable unemployed brother Wesley (whose addiction to Texas Hold 'Em has him deep in debt to loan sharks) is arrested for hacking in to courthouse records . . . then gets a job as a body mover, transporting corpses from crime scenes. Until her former fiance crashes back into her life, looking sexier than ever. Until her former fiance's wife (a good customer) is found murdered, and Carlotta becomes a suspect. Until Wesley's intriguing boss draws her into the bizarre world of body moving. Until Carlotta realizes that she herself has to track down the murderer -- to keep her own well-dressed body from being next on the list! "--Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,399,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible