The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

The Mistake

by Elle Kennedy

Another 'fessing up: I actually read the second part of this standalone series.

But the story was harder to swallow. I mean, it's hard going from playboy to good guy that quick, like Logan did.

Though still, the book is charming, I'll give it that. I like the ping-pong turn of witty and sarcastic conversation between the two, and all that funny, uncensored, full-of-cuss-words talk between the guys, which [b:The Deal|24920901|The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)|Elle Kennedy|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1431282052s/24920901.jpg|44100599] was known for. I'm glad it didn't change. And I'm glad it was much like Perkins' A&tFK series because we still get to see a bit of Hannah and Garrett. :) ( )
  heycaye | Feb 14, 2018 |
5 I can live with that stars!!

Holy John Logan! You sexy little minx you! I cannot even count the times I actually LOL'ed in this book! Not only was Logan Amazing but he was sexy, funny and just plain awesome. Grace was funny she had her moments when I wanted to bitch slap her but she also had her funny moments too. "SCHOOL is to MEAN GIRLS as FARMS are to _____. Shit. The answer is shit."

Logan is the hot hockey jock, while Grace is the timid shy girl next door. Ironically they meet in the strangest of happenings and end up leaving a lasting impression. John has a seriously effed up past, and the deal he has with his brother can ruin his life and career.

I can't even. Lets not forget about Dean.. Seriously he made this book better. Yummy. Dean. Him and his creepy sexy grin! I will admit the V-card scene... yikes that made my tummy drop. Ah poor thing. Grace decides she is done. D.U.N done. Which brings me to my next favorite part... the "talk" with mother dearest. "Anyway, remember when Bryn - nope I can't even say it, it's that stupid" HAHA or the entire Parental scene when mommy switched from deflowering to fucking in .25 seconds!

Wellsy and Garret make an appearance, and it is great. She was a favorite of mine. " I'm pretty sure they say put on a shirt when you go for a run, you cocky narcissist."

Because I believe in pointing out some annoying items, what is good criticism if not honest criticism? Grace was Stupid after she left him the second time. Oh lets express your fears of the future, but I am gonna be a total bitch and assume you mean your not fully vested and wait for you to do something heroic and win me back. Shut up whore he needs a moment! You always need "time"... Stupid vagina.

Anyways... I am so effing excited to read about DEAN!! ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
I really enjoyed The Mistake by Elle Kennedy. The characters were well written and the story was full of humor and even the parts that were a little dark still pulled you into the story and was thoroughly enjoyable. I love the continuation of the characters we were introduced to in the first book of the series, and I can't wait to continue on with the subsequent books that follow.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
It's been a while since I've read the first book, but I felt this was a little too immature for me. The dialogue, the troubles, pretty much the whole thing. Logan's point of view was kind of boring, whilst Grace's was much much better. All in all, good read. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
The Mistake is the second book in a new adult series about college hockey players finding love. It is told in the POV of both the male and female leads. This book totally had me wrapped up in it's words.

It has the funny make out scenes.Oh shit. Boob groping alert.

Oh crap. Downstairs action alert.

I don't have enough experience to consider myself an expert penis-wrangler or anything.

Lots of LOL parts.

The chemistry between the couple is perfect. It feels so real. They play around and joke giving really cute scenes. They fight and love giving heart moments. It's all very believable and very well written.

I really like both main characters also. The lead female isn't a pushover. She has self-respect and a special combination of calm and fierceness. The male lead is a sexy and popular playboy, but inside he's just wanting to find a true relationship. He's honorable and trustworthy and so sweet. Their sarcastic sense of humor and playfulness mesh together perfectly.

The Mistake deals with hard issues too—the responsibility of family, the pain of having a loved one with an addiction problem, the sense of having to grow up and make tough decisions, the understanding to be oneself and not be led by friends.

The writing is fantastic. No scenes felt over played. I don't remember reading any of the words or phrases that make me cringe because of awkwardness or because they've become so overused. The words flowed smoothly and held my interest for the entire book.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-mistake-by-elle-kenn... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

He's a player in more ways than one... College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he'll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he's worth a second chance. How he's going to need to up his game... After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She's not a charity case, and she's not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He'll have to work for it. This time around, she'll be the one in the driver's seat... and she plans on driving him wild.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,428,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible