Inside Heat by Roz Lee

Inside Heat

by Roz Lee

173587,099 (3)None

Jeff and Jason play for the Texas Mustangs. They are looking for a third to complete their circle. Megan may fit with them. As the season goes along, Jeff misreads a few things in his personal life. He also wants to keep McMinn from setting a home run record. Obsessing over McMinn, things go wrong for him. When he finally "wakes" up, will he have lost the best thing in his life?

I liked Jeff, Jason, and Megan. I liked how baseball was worked into the story. The story was believable and realistic. I enjoyed being able to know each person's thoughts. At times I had to stop reading to figure out whose point of view was being told but I was able to figure it out. Having each of the three's point of view made the story telling richer. I knew what was happening and, at times, wanted to hit them all upside the head and tell them to talk to each other instead of avoiding the conversation.

I look forward to the rest of the series. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Mar 8, 2015 |
Megan is a pediatric nurse who knows nothing about baseball, but is determined to score an autograph from baseball pitching ace Jeff Holder for a young patient.

This is only the beginning of the scoring, because Jeff's identical twin Jason is also a star catcher. They live together, in a very fancy - and very private estate, and BOTH are interested in Megan as a lover, whenever the team is playing at home. Talking about taking one for the team!

If baseball and sex are among your favorite sports, you will LOVE this book. Smokin' hot menage, and more than that, a true romance. In the end, Megan realizes that while she loves both men, she's only IN love with one of them. But does he love her back? And what about the other twin, the one she's not in love with - but who may be in love with her? Will this trio end with a pair of winners, or three losers? Will either/both men put their careers on the line? It was not just the hot sex, but the emotional exploration that I found so compelling. LOVED this book; can't wait for the sequel. ( )
  writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
Read more reviews @ Kitties Like Books Too

As you all should know by now, I love a smutty book with sexy men and a happily ever after. Surprisingly, this is not the first book from the Mustangs Baseball series that I've read. Like many of my friends on Goodreads, I started this series with Bases Loaded, book three. Since I absolutely LOVED it, I asked the author for the rest of the series.

It's easy to see that Ms. Lee has grown as an author since writing Bases Loaded. I didn't feel the same connection with the characters as I did with the third book, and the plot was not as complex or original. While I had fun reading this book, I did not fall in love like I did with book three.

I've expressed my frustration with uncommunicative characters before, and once again, I want to bang my head against the wall in annoyance. So many problems would be solved if one or all of the characters mad the initiative to pick up a phone and say, "hey, can we talk about this.." When the majoritiy of the conflict in a book stems from communication, it makes for an unimaginative plot line.

I gave this story four cats because, while it had a few problems, the story was enjoyable as a whole. There were a few moments where I was like, "Grr... Speak up!", but a lot of the time my attention was on the rocky relationships between Jeff and Megan, Megan and Jason, and Jason and Jeff. This book could be catergorized as a ménage erotic romance, but it's not really. There is always one person out of the loop. No way was there equal ground between the three characters, so the dynamic them was fascinating and new to me.

I had some frustrating times with Inside Heat. I also had some not-so-frustrating times reading this book. But never once did I think this book was dull. You should give this series a try if you enjoy a heated romance novel with hot men and even hotter sex. ( )
  sarahkatr | Sep 18, 2013 |

Roz Lee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,434,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible