Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing…

Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life (edition 2014)

by Glennon Doyle (Author)

"For years Glennon Doyle Melton built a wall between herself and others, hiding inside a bunker of secrets and shame. But one day everything changed: Glennon woke up to life, committing herself to living out loud and giving language to our universal (yet often secret) experiences. She became a sensation when her personal essays started going viral. Her ... observations have been read by millions, shared among friends, discussed at water coolers, and have now inspired a social movement. In [this book], Melton shares new stories and the best-loved material from Momastery.com. Her mistakes and triumphs demonstrate that love wins and that together we can do hard things"--Dust jacket flap.… (more)
Member:christinejoseph
Title:Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life
Authors:Glennon Doyle (Author)
Info:Scribner (2014), Edition: Reprint, 320 pages
Tags:R June 2020, inspirational true story of Glennon doyle Melton power of living with love and forgiveness shares many stories current dayher website momastery, com shedding armor pretending thins are not hard wise and witty really embraced this

Carry On, Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life by Glennon Doyle Melton

Glennon is the most transparent, authentic, heartfelt, and inspiring woman! I can’t read a single page of her books without feeling those familiar tugs on the strings of my heart. She reminds us who God is and who we are and encourages and inspires. Glennon says early on, “I want to die used up and emptied out.” And I couldn’t agree more. This book is beautiful and I think everyone...especially every woman should read it! ( )
  NikiKropf | Feb 18, 2020 |
  NikiKropf | Feb 18, 2020 |
There were parts of this book where I'd give it a four!! I really appreciate Glennon's heart of compassion for others and she really nails it in that regard. But there were several things where I respectfully disagree between our views. I suppose sharply for me to give it 2 stars. Still I like to read her posts on fb and would ready anymore of her books as I want to be challenged and grow. I appreciate her heart for those suffering and eagerness to uplift others. I think there are things I can so often learn from Glennon even though we sharply disagree on theological views which I think really can be dangerous as we view the gospel. Yet being unsympathetic, callous, or living in a bubble are quite dangerous as well and grevious to the Lord, I would think. Thus, I plan to continue to read Glennon's posts and books knowing I can learn from her yet knowing we will disagree quite strongly on major theological points. ( )
  Sparrowgirl | Dec 21, 2019 |
This wasn't the most cohesive book, and multiple chapters fell flat but overall this is passionate and interesting. ( )
  mmaestiho | Sep 20, 2018 |
Carry On, Warrior takes the reader on a journey of discovery, emotion, and healing, as she recounts pivotal life moments, thoughts, and feelings. While her novel tends to jump around, and I couldn't connect fully with some of the experiences I have not shared with her, I appreciated the journey all the same. Her writing is humble, humorous, and captivating. Each chapter is filled with wisdom and understanding; It's as if you've just had a wonderful afternoon with your best friend, therapist, and a family member, all rolled into one person. This novel lets you know you are not alone, and leaves you feeling stronger and wiser for having read it.

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,488,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible