Killing Jesus by Stephen Mansfield

Killing Jesus (edition 2013)

by Stephen Mansfield

Member:thomashwalker2
Title:Killing Jesus
Authors:Stephen Mansfield
Info:Worthy Publishing (2013), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:*****

Killing Jesus by Stephen Mansfield

This combination of biblical accounts and historic research brought the death of Christ into a more real experience than I've ever had in reading about these events. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
With all the has been written, up to recently about Jesus, I was left wondering what the point of this book was. Mansfield's style was narrative as if an eye witness to the events that led to the crucifixion and a bit beyond. Yet I thought it added little to what has been revealed by other authors. He focuses on the conspiracy of various Jewish leaders and the Sanhedrin to have Jesus tried and executed. No great surprise, in fact Jesus predicts the persecution and provokes them to it in the scripted format. The story does not come off quite right it seems if he had lived and ruled at the time. Instead we as they did, await his return. Many over the ages have written their account and spin on the event. There is something out there for practically everyone, this is yet another version. ( )
  knightlight777 | Feb 12, 2014 |
Well done impressive and thought provoking. ( )
  brone | Feb 6, 2014 |
Even though I am still reading, I have read enough to recommend that this book be read by both believer and unbeliever. The proclamation spoken by Christians today that Jesus suffered and died for their sins has lost its potency. The detailed description of the torture and death of The Son of God will set your hearts on fire for your Lord and Savior. After you read this book, which presents with accuracy the plot to crucify the Lamb of God, you will understand what was written in the Bible that Jesus “was like a gentle lamb that is led to the slaughter” (Jeremiah 11:19). I will continue my review when I am finished. FINISHED

Like the story of Christmas, this book should be read every year around Easter time. Never let what Jesus did for you at Calvary become old and routine. The memory of Jesus' life, death and resurrection must be kept alive in our hearts and minds. Mansfield's book will provide the mental images of Jesus' suffering so that your gratitude and love will burn with a fury commensurate with an act of love that defies human logic. ( )
  thomashwalker2 | Jul 18, 2013 |

"Story of the killing of Jesus"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,164,115 books! | Top bar: Always visible