The Complete Peanuts 1987-1988 by Charles M…

The Complete Peanuts 1987-1988 (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Charles M Schulz (Author), Charles M Schulz (Artist)

Series: Complete Peanuts (19)

"In this latest collection, romance is in the air: Charlie Brown's attempt at flirting in class sends him to the school nurse, while Linus is thwarted in his attempt to woo "Lydia" of the many names. Other storylines include Snoopy's sojourn in the hospital for a hockey-related knee injury, Sally's bumpy career as a playwright, and Snoopy's "kiss-and-tell" book. Plus Rerun, Spike, Peppermint Patty and Marcie... and Snoopy's feathered Beagle Scouts!" --p.[4] of cover.… (more)
Member:SnootyBaronet
Title:The Complete Peanuts 1987-1988
Authors:Charles M Schulz (Author)
Other authors:Charles M Schulz (Artist)
Info:Fantagraphics Books (2013), Edition: 1, 344 pages
Collections:Hodgepodge

The Complete Peanuts: 1987-1988 Dailies & Sundays by Charles M. Schulz (2013)

Two more years of the complete reprinting of Charles Schulz's landmark strip. In general it's still a fine strip, but the heights have been scaled and will only rarely be returned to. The most intriguing recurring bit is the competition between Peppermint Patty and Marcie for the affections of a mostly oblivious Charlie Brown. The most memorable strip here is one in which Charlie Brown asks advice of younger sister Sally, who has suddenly become inexplicably wise:
Charlie Brown: "I think Peppermint Patty and Marcie like me, but I don't know why... I wish I could ask them..."
Sally: "It's all right to ask somebody why they hate you, but you should never ask somebody why they like you..."
Charlie brown: "Why is that?"
Sally: "It's a harder question." ( )
  burnit99 | May 6, 2013 |
You're giving me a calendar?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,719,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible