Life After Life: The Investigation of a…

Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon--Survival of Bodily… (original 1979; edition 2001)

by Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (Foreword)

Member:jxn
Title:Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon--Survival of Bodily Death
Authors:Raymond Moody
Other authors:Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (Foreword)
Info:HarperOne (2001), Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:Your library, printbooks
Tags:owned, unread

Life After Life by Raymond A. Moody (1979)

Dying to Live: Near-Death Experiences by Susan Blackmore (juglicerr)
    juglicerr: A more skeptical look at near-death experiences

This was the first book on the subject that I read after I began to realize that I'd had a near-death experience due to a medical error in 1993. Several others followed, as well as a subscription to the International Journal of Near-Death Studies, membership in a group of near-death survivors, and eventually, transitioning from a PhD program in English to counseling psychology. That experience is at the heart of my recent book, [b:Paths to Wholeness: Fifty-Two Flower Mandalas|33028387|Paths to Wholeness Fifty-Two Flower Mandalas|David J. Bookbinder|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1479913003s/33028387.jpg|53684775]. All these years later, it's still not clear to me exactly what the meaning of an NDE is, but Moody's book did a credible job of documenting the phenomenon, one I still find more valuable than the extraordinary claims of those who have more recently, and famously, written about near-death experiences. ( )
  dbookbinder | Dec 31, 2016 |
"Morris Pratt" Institute Required Reading
"Morris Pratt" Institute Required Reading
"Morris Pratt" Institute required reading
  CSL_Library | Nov 4, 2016 |
I liked it, but didn't love it. The jumping around between timelines worked for me until about 2/3rds through, then began to irritate as I couldn't always keep in mind which version of Ursula I was reading about.The minutiae of descriptions of the Blitzes were good, the curious family relationships between Ursula and her mother, Sylvie, and her aunt Izzie were well done. The fatalistic attitude to having to find a man and get married I found more difficult to buy into - not so much a generation thing, because there were examples of non conformity too. Overall, a nice idea, likeable enough main characters but not quite hitting the spot for me. ( )
  jkdavies | Jun 14, 2016 |
Dr. Raymond Moody, filosoof en arts, deed diepgaand onderzoek naar het voortbestaan na de lichamelijke dood. Hiertoe ondervroeg hij talloze mensen die klinisch dood werden bevonden. Het opmerkelijke resultaat is, dat de verklaringen eensluitend zijn ten aanzien van een, ondanks diepe bewusteloosheid, helder funktionerend bewustzijn en een exacte waarneming waarin het 'dode' lichaam zich bevond. Een detaillistisch onderzoek, soms wat in herhalingen vervallend, maar het geeft een voortreffelijk beeld van wat klinisch doodverklaarde mensen ervaren. In deze uitgave is het eerder afzonderlijke verschenen vervolg, dat verder weinig nieuws toevoegt, opgenomen.

(NBD|Biblion recensie, P.M. van Breevoort-Noordzij)
added by karnoefel | editNBD / Biblion

Raymond A. Moodyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kubler-Ross, ElisabethForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
A Georgie Ritchie,
docteur en médecine,
et, à travers lui,
à Celui dont il a suggéré le Nom.

R. A. Moody Jr
What is it like to die?

Raymond Avery Moody - 1944-ben született az USA-beli Porterdale-ben. - 1966-ban bölcsészetet végez a Virginia Egyetemen. | - 1967-ben ugyanitt bölcsészdoktorátust szerez. - 1969-ben megkapja a filozófiai doktor címet. Speciális területe a logika, etika és lingvisztika. - 1969—72-ig a Carolina Egyetem filozófia-tanára. - 1976-ban fejezi be a Georgia Egyetemen orvosi tanulmányait, megszerzi az orvosi doktorátust, majd az elme- és ideggyógyászati szakképzettséget. Megnősül, két fia van. Még tanulmányai idején megkezdi az élet és a halál határterületén megtapasztalható jelenségek kutatását. - 1976—77-ben az elmegyógyászat meghívott előadója a Virginia Egyetemen. - 1976-tól ugyanott a filozófiai tanszék professzora. Könyvei: - Life after Life (1975), Mockingbird Books (USA) - Reflections on Life after Life (1977), Mockingbird Books - Laugh after Laugh: The Healing Power of Humor (1978)

In Life After Life Raymond Moody investigates more than one hundred case studies of people who experienced "clinical death" and were subsequently revived.  First published in 1975, this classic exploration of life after death started a revolution in popular attitudes about the afterlife and established Dr. Moody as the world's leading authority in the field of near-death experiences.  Life after Life forever changed the way we understand both death -- and life -- selling millions of copies to a world hungry for a greater understanding of this mysterious phenomenon.

The extraordinary stories presented here provide evidence that there is life after physical death, as Moody recounts  the testimonies of those who have been to the "other side" and back -- all bearing striking similarities of an overwelming positive nature. These moving and inspiring accounts give us a glimpse of the peace and unconditional love that await us all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:04 -0400)

In Life After Life Raymond Moody investigates more than one hundred case studies of people who experienced "clinical death" and were subsequently revived. First published in 1975, this classic exploration of life after death started a revolution in popular attitudes about the afterlife and established Dr. Moody as the world's leading authority in the field of near-death experiences. Life after Life forever changed the way we understand both death -- and life -- selling millions of copies to a world hungry for a greater understanding of this mysterious phenomenon. The extraordinary stories presented here provide evidence that there is life after physical death, as Moody recounts the testimonies of those who have been to the "other side" and back -- all bearing striking similarities of an overwhelming positive nature. These moving and inspiring accounts give us a glimpse of the peace and unconditional love that await us all.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,172,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible