Infinite Sky by C. J. Flood

Infinite Sky

by C. J. Flood

This book is a classic spin on a love tale. This is an amazing teen romance book and is definitely worth the read. 4Q5P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend this to middle school and high school students. I chose to read this book because the title caught my eye. RachelP
  edspicer | Jul 26, 2014 |
Sometime a reader just can't connect with a book. It's not the author's fault, and the reader may ponder for some time, but she might not ever figure out why the book wasn't 'her book'.

INFINITE SKY was like that for me. It's a perfectly sound book. CJ Flood's wordsmithing is good. The story sounded interesting to me. It's a story of life. A coming of age in some respects.

A mom goes off, deserting her family and in her wake things change. In this case gypsies move onto the family's farm land and Iris, the daughter, finds friendship with Trick and his dogs and gypsy friends.

The fact that it's not an entirely happy story appealed greatly to me, but after 80 pages I called it quits. I just didn't sink into the story. I don't know if it was the pacing, or if the small town life was just too different for me to relate to, but I didn't care about the characters.

So DNF.

--review copy
  PamFamilyLibrary | May 30, 2014 |
www.booksforcompany.com
In Short
- Infinite Sky is a unique read which tackles difficult 'subjects'.
- I loved both the main characters and felt they were developed well.
- I like how C.J. let the reader make their mind up about Trick and his character.
- The storyline kept my attention throughout the book.

In Long
I haven’t ever read a story like Infinite Sky before and I was excited to start reading it. I was intrigued by the storyline and wanted to get to know Trick’s character and see how C.J. had written him.

I really warmed to Iris right from the beginning; she’s a young girl who is growing up in a house with two males and no one to really rely on. I have never been through something like Iris but I still felt like I could relate to her, she had a lot going on alongside growing up and being a teenage girl. While reading Infinite Sky I loved being able to go on this journey with Iris, getting to know Iris and the people in her life, especially Trick because I got to know him at the same time as she got to know him.
I love how C.J. wrote Trick's character, she left his character open for the reader so they could make their mind up about him and didn't in any way try to make him a certain person.

I really liked the pace which C.J. set the book at, it gave me as the reader a chance to get to know both Iris and Trick and therefore I was able to understand their actions throughout the book. The storyline itself wasn’t one which gripped me until towards the end but it kept my attention right throughout the whole book and then got very gripping towards the end of the book!
Final Thoughts
Infinite Sky was a really good read which is a lovely story about coming of age. The characters had many different things to deal with throughout the book and I felt like I really went on a journey with them. ( )
  BooksforCompany | Jun 8, 2013 |

A truly beautiful book about the summer that changed one girl's life, as her mum leaves home, travellers set up camp in the family's field, her older brother goes off the rails, and she falls in love for the very first time. Opening with a funeral, Iris is mourning the boy in the casket - but who is it? Sam, her tearaway brother, or Trick, her tentative boyfriend? Over one long hot summer, we find out just how their three lives were turned upside-down.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible