Darkness Arisen by Stephanie Rowe

Darkness Arisen

by Stephanie Rowe

193788,555 (4.06)None

Two thousand years ago from a war between two brother a legacy was born. The Calydon warriors’ purpose was the keep the world safe from evil and when needed to kill a Calydon warrior and/or his sheva (mate) when the Calydon warrior went rogue/mad after finding her.

Ian Fitzgerald’s ancestor Augustus Fitzgerald had brought a curse upon his family by killing the soul mate of a Calydon warrior who was into black magic. The warrior then cursed Augustus and all his offspring to experience love and then to lose said woman and to be so overwhelmed with grief that they killed themselves. Ian is the last Fitzgerald remaining alive and since losing his sheva is fighting the demons that want to take control and have him end his life.

Ian realized in the short novella Forever in Darkness who is sheva was but there was a twist. He’s seen her die 3 times. Each time she comes back but she doesn’t know who he is and she is destined to die again.

Ian has found Alice again and the opening underwater scene was spectacular. Ian is a man who has always been angry fighting the curse that was put upon his family and he finally found his sheva again but she is a Angel with her own destiny. Will these two be able to finally break both of their preordained fates?
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
The new direction of the series is carried further in this book with more searches for angles, a larger role of demons and the wizard Warwick who orchestrated the chaos in book 5 for Kane and cursed Ian's family 600 years prior. This book was a leap for me, especially with the underwater scenes, the Mageaan and the dolphins. Parts of it felt strange, but the concepts themselves were nicely done and explained. My whole enjoyment of this book came from Ian's character and the cameos played by Ryland, Kane and Thano. Alice got on my nerves in more than a few spots, but by the end she had redeemed herself as a strong character. The writing in this book was the best so far and that, along with Ian, led to four stars. Looking forward to Ryland's story in the next book. ( )
  ce_kilgore | Apr 27, 2013 |
OH MY!! THIS IS A MUST READ!!! I have been desperately waiting for Ian's whole story since his Novella, Forever in Darkness, but NEVER in a million years would I have predicted how Darkness Arisen plays out! This whole series is AMAZING but the direction that Stephanie took with Ian and Alice's story blew me away!!! You still get the amazing Immortal Warriors you have come to know and love, there is still plenty of action, and LOTS of steam, but this one introduces new characters that I think are really going to keep turning this series in that new (but exciting) direction. True to her form though, Stephanie writes with so much emotion and passion that it jumps right off the pages at you as you are reading. You will want to lock yourself away from any possible intrusions (and maybe grab a tissue or two) while you read this one, trust me on that one!! I have to state if you have not started this series you are seriously missing out, it is without a doubt what reading is all about!!! ( )
  hcollins | Mar 23, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,921,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible