The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

The Beautiful Ashes

by Jeaniene Frost

I like her writing style but the story was a little hokey. Not as good as Cat and Bones and the other vampire stories. The historical and demonic aspects were too much for my suspension of disbelief.
  bm2ng | Apr 9, 2019 |
I love Cat and Bones but Ivy and Adrian do not measure up, unfortunately. Ivy's sister has been kidnapped to the demon realms, and she must find the weapon to release her because she has the right bloodline (she was adopted). Adrian, guy from another bloodline, is set to betray her but is working with the Archons against the demons.
This story felt about half put together and written sort of slapdash. There's a lot of something happens and then there's an explanation afterward like 'oh, didn't I mention about that?" which I hate because it feels like a patch to a hole in the story.
Anyway, if you like angel/demon stories, you might like this, but I'll go back and reread the Night Huntress books. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Mar 31, 2019 |
DNFed around 35%
I’m sorry, but I can’t do it. It’s too cheesy. Stranger Things with angels and demons.
Also: instalove. No. I can’t.
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
Love this author ordinarily but disappointed. Was an odd mix of chick lit panting for unrequited (maybe) love, an undeveloped but parallel demon world, and many dangling threads. Some are magically resolved but rarely satisfactorily. Am sure she was bored with her old series but this one got away from the editor too soon. Nothing quite as uninteresting as a puzzled woman who achieves power without work or understanding. Too bad. Please Ms Frost -- go back to writing about Tough Broads. You do it so very well. ( )
  abycats | May 11, 2018 |
DNF The Beautiful Ashes at 57%.

The Beautiful Ashes is book one in the Broken Destiny series by Jeaniene Frost. It’s a Paranormal New Adult book. I’m a fan of (The Night Huntress Series and World). Those characters are funny, engaging, and memorable. Even if you hate them, you still love to hate them, and they also come alive in the writing. That being said this is not like that series.

Ivy and Adrain are not memorable, really non of the characters are in this book. They don’t come alive and they aren’t even all that likable. I couldn’t stand the back and forth, back and forth, blah blah that Ivy and Adrain did. I was over it the first time it began. I couldn’t decide if they where teenagers or young adults in their 20’s. I also couldn’t stand all the time Ivy spends on thinking how attractive Adrain is. It got annoying. The would and plot where semi-interesting, but the characters got in the way. As for the cover it shows a couple on the front that are much older then the two leads in this book. It’s kinda deceiving.

I just couldn’t finish The Beautiful Ashes. I kept putting this book down and picking something else up to read, then coming back, and then repeating putting it down, coming back. I finally said that’s it.

The Beautiful Ashes was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

*Disclaimer: I won a copy through goodreads with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |

When her sister is trapped in a parallel realm, Ivy turns to Adrian, the only person who believes her, and together they search for a powerful relic that can save her sister and stop a war that could doom the world--but little does Ivy know that Adrian is bound by an ancient legacy to betray her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,810,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible