Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl

by Rainbow Rowell

English (159)  French (1)  All languages (160)
With nods to some of the biggest fan fiction audiences (Harry Potter and Twilight, for example), Ms. Rowell creates the classic coming of age story. Cath and her twin Wren are off to college - Wren enthusiastically ready for separation, Cath reluctant to leave the familiar behind. I loved the elaborate side story of Simon Snow and all the fan fiction Cath had written - it was delightfully spot on and also tongue in cheek. And there's a nice romantic element too. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 16, 2015 |
This book was very disappointing. ( )
  photonegative | Apr 14, 2015 |
Adorable coming of age story with a heroine most of us nerds can seriously relate to. Quirky and fun with some smart dialogue and realistic characters and situations. Can understand why my young Pals, Terri and Laura enjoyed this one and why they have been nagging me so long to read it (I have had a copy of it for a very long time). Look forward to reading more works by Rainbow. Supporting characters were interesting. I personally adored Reagan (she had the best snarky and honest dialogue) Wanted to smack Cath for some of her actions but you have to remember I am 44 and probably made the same stupid mistakes she did at that age. Didn't love the ending, but other than that thoroughly impressed.

Favorite Quotes

"This is why I can't be with Levi. Because I'm the kind of girl who fantasizes about being trapped in a library overnight - and Levi can't even read. (Jen's note - been married to one of those for 21 years, so author is wrong ) ( )
  mountie9 | Apr 5, 2015 |
This is one of the best books I've read this year, so far. I love this author and also loved her book, Eleanor & Park. I will definitely read this again, but via Audible next time. I have become a fan of YA, in my advancing age, lol. This book will stay with me for a long time, I'm sure.
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
That's the cutest girl I've ever read about

Inessova | Mar 28, 2015 |

Rainbow Rowellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Caulfield, MaxwellReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, NoelleCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jennifer, who always had an extra lightsaber
The Simon Snow Series
"Months are different in college," Levi said, "especially freshman year. Too much happens. Every freshman month equals six regular months - they're like dog months."

Cath struggles to survive on her own in her first year of college while avoiding a surly roommate, bonding with a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words, and worrying about her fragile father.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,564,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible