Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl

by Rainbow Rowell

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Though they're not your typical love stories, there's plenty of romance in these offbeat, witty realistic stories of recent high school graduates setting off on new adventures (a road trip, college) that help them discover themselves.
    Holiday Blend (The Coffee Shop Romances Book 3) by Jennifer Montgomery (Herenya)
    Herenya: Both are about a shy fangirl at college.

English (178)  French (1)  All languages (179)
First, a confession: the first couple of chapters didn't grab me. I wasn't ready for a story of an emo teen and all her issues. But as the story developed I realized it was much more than that. Another confession: I bought this for my daughter, an avid and accomplished member of the fanfiction community. But she has yet to read it, so I appropriated it, and I hope my enthusiasm will prod her to read it. Because as much as the protagonist is an emo teen, abandoned by her family at various critical junctures, and dealing with the perils and complications of first love, she is first and foremost a writer, struggling with her craft. The scene with her professor, in which the prof accuses her of plagiarism for writing fic is worth the price of admission. ( )
  karenchase | Aug 20, 2015 |
I saw that coming. As usual Rainbow roped me in with an adorable cast of characters. And just like family and friends they where irritating and annoying yet endearing. And while I didn't care for the Simon and Bas fan fiction Rainbow has enlightened me to a whole other world of literature, perhaps and alternate ending to Eleanor and Park is in my future. ( )
  untitled841 | Aug 20, 2015 |
Note: There are some spoilers in this review

My thoughts:
So when i've first started reading this book I didn't expect to love it as much as I do now , I do hear very often from a lot of people that the books from Rainbow Rowell are awesome but I did not have the pleasure to have read any of her books untill now and let me tell you I will definitely be reading her other books especially eleanor & park which I heard great things about and one thing I also loved about this book was that there were drawings inside the book because sometimes when i'm reading I really cant imagine that person , so the drawings were amazing :) and gosh Levi , Levi is so sweet, but my heart did broke a little when Cath went to the party with Reagan and then came to see that Levi was kissing a other girl right after he kissed her , but what happend after that was too cute and i'm really glad i've finally read Fangirl ( )
  Bookswithtasha | Aug 10, 2015 |
Kather and her twin sister Wren are freshmen at University of Nebraska in Lincoln, close by and a world apart from their home in Omaha. Raised by their mostly stable dad after them mom left when they were 8, they were inseparable, even writing fan fiction together for the Baz and Simon series (Harry Potteresque). The first year of college tests their friendship, starting with Wren wanting to live apart from Kather. A lot happens during their first year of college, and I loved being immersed in their world. Fantastic in audio.
  Yllom | Aug 10, 2015 |
Twins Cath and Wren head off to their freshman year of college as they begin a live life more separate from each other. Both girls have a strong connection to the fanfiction world of “Simon Snow” (a lovingly ripped-off version of Harry Potter), but while Wren prefers to move on to the party life of a coed- Cath clings to writing stories on her Simon Snow fanfiction site, almost allowing her passion to ruin her college career. Both girls deal with difficult situations throughout their first year, but the sisters make choices that separate them even further. The reader becomes as much of a fan of Cath as her fictional fanfiction readers are, but will Cath be able to handle the real world? Is her sister any better at it? Both girls will need the support of family, friends, boyfriends, each other, and even Simon Snow to make it through finals. ( )
  MzzColby | Aug 7, 2015 |

Rainbow Rowellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Caulfield, MaxwellReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, NoelleCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jennifer, who always had an extra lightsaber
The Simon Snow Series
"Months are different in college," Levi said, "especially freshman year. Too much happens. Every freshman month equals six regular months - they're like dog months."

Cath struggles to survive on her own in her first year of college while avoiding a surly roommate, bonding with a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words, and worrying about her fragile father.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,024,221 books! | Top bar: Always visible