Fangirl: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl: A Novel (edition 2013)

by Rainbow Rowell

Series: Fangirl (1)

Member:TheLostEntwife
Title:Fangirl: A Novel
Authors:Rainbow Rowell
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2013), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 448 pages
Collections:2014 Reads

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

The Royal We by Heather Cocks (norabelle414)
    norabelle414: Twin sisters who grow apart and renegotiate their relationship as they go off to college
    Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi (Herenya)
    An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Though they're not your typical love stories, there's plenty of romance in these offbeat, witty realistic stories of recent high school graduates setting off on new adventures (a road trip, college) that help them discover themselves.
    Holiday Blend by Jennifer Montgomery (Herenya)
    Herenya: Both are about a shy fangirl at college.

English (352)  French (3)  Piratical (1)  Danish (1)  German (1)  All languages (358)
Great great story. I laughed, I cried, I got irritated, I was smitten. Could not put it down. Finished in a day. ( )
  nu-bibliophile | Jun 24, 2019 |
After seeing so many posts about [a:Rainbow Rowell|4208569|Rainbow Rowell|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/authors/1342324527p2/4208569.jpg] on Litsy, I decided I had to try her for myself. My library only had Fangirl and Landline available, and since I hate time travel stories (except Doctor Who) I decided to go with Fangirl.

This is a YA book, so the romance feels very PG. It was refreshing to have a main character who was not scrambling to lose her virginity. I felt that Cath felt very realistic and I liked the way she was written. The love story was sweet. The fan fiction about Simon and Baz interspersed in the novel was a fun window into fandom. Reagan and Levi were also great characters. Her sister Wren and her mom Laura were irritating. I enjoyed this book, except for the very last chapter. I wanted to see more about Cath, and the ending felt too abrupt. ( )
1 vote readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
My thoughts are @ Bridget Blogs Books ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Resumo gracias a que Goodreads lo ha borrado:

fic ->confuso
cather wren=Catherine -> confuso
gemelas=inseparables=querer independencia=inseparables
Levi Cath no. Nick Cath sí.

Cosas clichés, un personaje masculino que he odiado y una protagonista DEMASIADO obsesionada con los fics no son buenas cosas. ( )
  dieciseislunas | Jun 2, 2019 |
I listened to this, skipped over a lot of the fan fiction stuff. It was ok, would have enjoyed it more if I was the intended audience I'm sure. ( )
  jill1121 | Jun 1, 2019 |

Rainbow Rowellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Caulfield, MaxwellNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, NoelleCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jennifer, who always had an extra lightsaber
The Simon Snow Series
"Months are different in college," Levi said, "especially freshman year. Too much happens. Every freshman month equals six regular months - they're like dog months."

Cath struggles to survive on her own in her first year of college while avoiding a surly roommate, bonding with a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words, and worrying about her fragile father.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,632,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible