Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

I have nothing to say by OH MY GOODNESS ( )
  heathalusta | May 28, 2018 |
WHAT.

I think Iā€™m in shock. What are my favorite Shadowhunter children going to do now!?! Can I just collectively hug all of the Blackthorns, Lightwoods, Carstairs and Herondales at one time!?

I have a few things to briefly touch on:
- TYYYYY, my love. šŸ˜­ Hold on tight.
- Be careful, Kieran!
- what the hell annabelle
- ruthless Julian is going to get scary
- Robert! Alec! MAGNUS.
- Tessa!?!? oh Jem.
- WHERE ARE CLARY AND JACE
- pale-blonde hair and green eyes. OH MY GOD.
- WHERE ARE IZZY AND SIMON
- sorry for the loss, Jon
- Kierarktina šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
- CORTANA AND EMMA
- Diana YES, Gwyn YES
- Dru, I love you. Let me hug you.
- Tavvy with Rafe and Max
- Livvy. Oh, Livvy.
- Kit better see Livvy in QoAaD
- HOW IS THIS GOING TO TIE INTO THE LAST HOURS. JESSE!?!?
- most importantly: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH BRIDGET and IS SOMEBODY FEEDING CHURCH ( )
  libraryinthecountry | May 6, 2018 |
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
"Magnus Bane, the Ultimate Traitor."
"Not my favourite nickname. I prefer 'Our Lord and Master' or maybe 'Unambiguously the Hottest.'"

"Your pretense does not fool me, gnome. My eye will be upon you."

> LOVE QUARRELS
Geez, I had so much fun reading this! There were so many hilarious situations and sarcastic retorts that I laughed like an idiot most of the time, differently from Lady Midnight where the only thing present was drama.
Well, to be honest there was a soap-opera-like atmosphere in this book too, but I managed to enjoy it much more as everybody was arguing and shouting to each other, misunderstanding everything misunderstandable. You could ask "And what is there to enjoy?" I don't really know how to explain it, but it was better than just seeing Emma and Jules's struggles. It was more... lively, I suppose?

> PLOT AND CHARACTERS
But now let's be more objective: the plot was definitely better than the first book. Firstly because there was much more action, suspence, tension and plotting, without mentioning the unforseen and mysterious ending.
Secondly because I managed to know a Jules I didn't know existed. Just how much of a complex character is he?! I was really stunned. I used to picture him just as a... well, fluffy, caring, often overprotective boy, thus seeing his "darker", ruthless side left me totally amazed and made him look sooo intriguing!
To be honest all characters underwent an amazing development, showing new and unexpected sides of themselves. This is probably the best perk of Lord of Shadows.
"Look at me, if you doubt what I say I will do," said Julian. "Look at my eyes. Do you think I am someone who as anything to lose?"
> TO SUM UP
As you can see I haven't rated it five stars, but just because I'm in a stage when I can't enjoy this kind of books as I used to a couple of years ago. Thus you'll probably like it more than I do. Anyway, though I'm still not totally accostumed to the new characters, I appreciated how Cassandra Clare managed to blend harmoniously old and new. ( )
  Shay17 | Mar 30, 2018 |
Don't do it!!! It's too painful!!
But of course do it cuz it's Cassie Clare. ( )
  WokeNerdWriter | Mar 27, 2018 |

Please excuse me, I'm a little emotional right now.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1oT
Actual Rating: 5/5 (is 20/5 possible?) ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
I said: Pain and sorrow.
He said: Stay with it. The wound is the place
where the Light enters you.
--Rumi
Also the poem "Dreamland" by Edgar Alan Poe
For Jim Hill
Kit had only recently found out what a flail was, and now there was a rack of them hanging over his head, shiny and sharp and deadly.

Emma is torn between her passion for Julian and her need to protect him from the consequences of a forbidden romantic partnership, a situation challenged by her relationship with Mark and his efforts to regain his Shadowhunter capabilities.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,812,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible