Monsters: The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick

Monsters: The Ashes Trilogy (edition 2013)

by Ilsa J. Bick

Member:kperry
Title:Monsters: The Ashes Trilogy
Authors:Ilsa J. Bick
Info:EgmontUSA (2013), Hardcover, 688 pages
Collections:E-Book, Your library

Monsters: The Ashes Trilogy by Ilsa J. Bick

Too many characters just like in Shadows, but I loved the ending! ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I was really into the first book in the series, but by this one it was a complete slog and I couldn't wait for it to be over. The ambiguous, open ending didn't help endear me to it at all. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Jan 10, 2015 |
This book is Monster sized.I didn't think I was going to finish it anytime soon. Not that it drags because it does not. The story keeps you moving through it-there's just so much information to the characters and what they have gone through. Ms. Bick does wrap up her trilogy well though. She doesn't leave you hanging with questions unasked.

Her characters have wrapped me up in their stories. I do have to say though starting this book there was a period when I was totally confused. I had forgotten what had taken place in previous books, even though it had not been that long since I had read them.

Alex, Tom and even Ellie managed to become some of the characters that will stick in my mind for some time. Even the bad guys in these books show that they have glimpses of humanity. The only gripe I have with the book is that there is no flipping way the characters could survive the trials that they go through, but then I just let go and said what the heck. Just enjoy it.

The book does end well with questions that you have to figure out for yourself.

bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |
Thanks to Netgalley.com and Egmont USA for allowing me access to this title.

I had a harder time getting into this one, perhaps because I have read so many other books since I read book two. I could mostly remember what was happening, but some of the finer details were lost for me. I thought this was a decent wrap-up to the series, and it brought all of the characters back together, but I'm not sure I really liked the way it finally ended. It also seemed like it was way too long. It probably could be 100-200 pages shorter and still get the story across. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Alex and Tom's future is uncertain as they continue the struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic world, and their lives are threatened by the Changed and other human survivors. ( )
  ShellyPYA | Jan 11, 2014 |

"Alex and Tom's future is uncertain as they continue the struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic world, and their lives are threatened by the Changed and other human survivors"

EgmontUSA

An edition of this book was published by EgmontUSA.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,250,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible