The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz
Authors:Tiffany Reisz
Info:Harlequin MIRA (2013), Edition: 0, Paperback, 464 pages
Tags:erotica

The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz

I absolutely loved this book! This whole series, in fact... I can't get enough, so please don't stop what you're doing, Tiffany! ( )
  Nadre.Wiggill | Jul 8, 2016 |
Oh. My. God. What a heart-wrenching, intense and raw book. The Mistress is the last of four books in The Red Years phase of the series which talks about Nora as Dominatrix. The next four books will be The White Years which will tell us about Nora, Soren and Kingsley's past.

I just. I kind of worship Tiffany Reisz, you know? She took a concept of erotic romance and turned it on its head. It's still erotic, yes, but it's so much more than that. It's a gripping, action packed thriller, it's full of danger, intrigue and extremely well developed characters, and it contains a hell of a lot of mind f*ck as in complex psychological games and hidden motives for everything.

The only thing I can thank Fifty Shades for is this. It brought me to Tiffany who I wouldn't read at all otherwise, and I would have lost an opportunity to get to know a phenomenal author.

You know how The Prince ended, right? So, The Mistress deals with the aftermath, and it basically strips away all the pretence and artifice from the main characters. And I especially talk about Wesley, who is really the most awkward character in the series just like a fifth wheel. Wesley is forced to communicate with Soren and Kingsley and he finally begins to understand that nothing is as black and white as he imagined in his head. All I can say is hallelujah! It's about time he moved on and get off of his high horse.

Kingsley also has to go through a major trauma concerning his sister while Nora stays in the hands of her captors and tries to keep them entertained with her stories, so she wouldn't end up hurt even more.

I am trying really hard not to give you any spoilers, and perhaps I should leave it at that? All I would add is that the ending is another shocker, and now that I know that the next four books will be about the past I find it unbearable that we will be left hanging for so long. There is also a scene with Soren and Nora which is to die for. So tender, powerful and heart-wrenching.

Well done, Tiffany! The Mistress is a mind-blowing book, which I highly recommend. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Demasiado decepcionada como para escribir una reseña ahora .

Diré solamente que la trama fue lenta y aburrida y el final , horrible , con desenlaces apurados y casi sin sentido . . ¿No era acaso en un principio el quid de la cuestión , la búsqueda y lucha personal de Nora por su independencia? Este final va en contra de todo lo que ella piensa desde el primer libro ... Al menos me pareció así ... .

Una decepción . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Review to come closer to release date. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
The #3 novel in this series ended on a huge cliff hanger. All I can say is, the author is forgiven for that. This #4 novel more than makes up for it.
If anyone had any doubt of the love and strength of the characters in this series, this novel will remove any doubts.
As usual there's excellent writing, good smut, an interesting tale, suspense, and a final chapter that leaves you gasping for more.
Well done Ms Reisz! ( )
  Bluerabella | Jul 28, 2014 |

Buying each hour of her life with sensual tales, Nora Sutherlin, held captive by two men, soon discovers that she is not as powerless as she thinks as her friends, protectors, and lovers stand ready to do anything to save her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,024,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible