Magic of I Do by Tammy Falkner

Magic of "I Do"

by Tammy Falkner

Series: Faerie (2)

This book takes place after book 1 ended, but you do not have to read book 1 to be able to follow it. Instead you get to know one angry fairy who is "kidnapped" by a rogue, the brother of the man her sister married.

Yes so Claire is a fairy from fairyland. Her sister married a duke and got a HEA. While Claire is sent with Phineas to be out of the way. And that can mean only one thing, romance. Claire tries to stay by her fairy rules, but attraction is something you can avoid for a while, but not forever. While Phineas, oh he is a rogue. I mean one thing that happened had me looking up and saying wow almost. Cos well that is not something I would have thought would take place. What you wonder? Ha, like I would spill the beans. Just trust me, roguish behavior, in a sort of good way.

The drama takes place in that well she is duh a fairy and should not fall for a human. Then there is something else. And then at last there is a really bad guy who I want to kick. Powers conspire to keep them apart.

It was cute with a few hot moments. A light book that I read fast. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
THE MAGIC OF "I DO" by Tammy Falkner is an exciting Regency Historical Paranormal Romance set 1817 London. Book 2 in the "Faerie" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See, "A Lady and Her Magic". Enchanting and charming story of Claire Thorne,a Fae, and Lord Phineas "Finn" Trimble. Filled with intrigue,magic,Faes,passion,faith, and love you will not be able to put this story down. The magical world meets the Haunte Ton in this exciting second story of "Faerie" stories. With a bit of fairy dust,a bit of magic and lots of passion "The Magic of "I Do" is a treasure to read. A must read for paranormal,fantasy,and historical readers. Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jun 24, 2013 |
The Magic of “I Do” is the second book in the Faerie series by Tammy Faulkner. Claire Thorne is the daughter of a faerie and a human. She has spent her entire life with the Fae being raised by her grandparents. She is also a mission faerie and came to London on a mission with her sister Sophie. When the book opens she finds herself in a bit of a pickle. She has been abducted by Lord Phineas (Finn) Trimble, the brother of the Duke of Robinsworth. Claire and Finn are forced to stay at his home when a snowstorm occurs and the sparks fly between them, culminating in Claire losing her innocence to Finn. She is taken away by a faerie wind before they can talk about what happened. When circumstances throw them together again, Claire is increasing and worried about what it will mean. Finn, in the meantime, is just happy to see the woman who has been on his mind since they were together.
This was an interesting blend of paranormal and regency. The Rules of the Ton and the Unpardonable Errors of the Fae serve to cause difficulties for the two lovers. Even though they are attracted to each other, Claire knows from her own life experience that a fae child of a human parent causes problems in both worlds. Added to the mix, a vengeful Earl is determined to cause Finn and his brother trouble. Claire being a mission faerie and Finn being an Agent mean that they are both headstrong and wanting to rush right in when there is a problem. They are stubborn when it comes to their feelings for each other as well and it takes time for them to realize that they can’t live without the other.
I don’t usually like to read books out of order and I didn’t realize this was a sequel until I had already started it. I was enjoying the story so I kept going. As soon as I finished, I made sure to purchase the first book “A Lady and Her Magic”. The next book in the series “ The Magic Between Us” comes out in January of 2014. ( )
  SharonR53 | Jun 8, 2013 |

Desperately Seeking Excitement... With the temporary prohibition on magic on the land of the Fae, Claire Thorne might as well go back to the Regency world. The haut ton has just as many annoying rules as her world, but at least they have parties and dances. Plus, the roguish Lord Phineas Finn Trimble is there... When the feisty faerie tumbles into his room through a magical portal, Finn can't believe how completely unpredictable she is. Even before the two stumble into a dangerous intrigue that threatens both their worlds, Finn discovers that his hitherto carefree life is about to go up in smoke... Praise for A Lady and Her Magic: A dash of Jane Austen and a sprinkle of faery dust make this book a treasure.--Kathryne Kennedy, author of The Elven Lord series Charming and filled with the magic of love and faith...Falkner's tale whisks readers into a realm of enchantment.--RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars Marvelous magical mayhem.--Midwest Book Review Absolutely enchanting...a delicious Regency fairy tale beautifully written.--Romance Junkies… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,760,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible