Introductions (The Academy) (Volume 1) by C…

Introductions (The Academy) (Volume 1) (edition 2013)

by C L Stone

Member:DTChantel
Title:Introductions (The Academy) (Volume 1)
Authors:C L Stone
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2013), Edition: 1, Paperback, 220 pages
Tags:to-read, young-adult

Introductions (The Academy) (Volume 1) by C L Stone

This book was so intriguing! If you like gossip girl, pretty little liars, and others in that vein, you will love this. I actually am liking this more than both those series. Its different that most YA books I have read. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Totally worth it ( )
  malburez007 | Jun 22, 2018 |
** spoiler alert ** When I see that there is a series and it is more than 4 books, I don't want to read the series because I feel like the author tries to change the plot too much from book to book. But I love how C.L. Stone stretched the timeline out through each book and keep the same basic big plots. I have never seen a series like this that does that. She doesn't try to make everything so complicated and rush the characters storylines by changing them every book and having a new Big Bad every book. Every book wasn’t drastically different. Usually in a series this long every book is basically a stand-alone, even though there are some of the same characters. But somehow she also keep everything fresh. How she managed that bit of literary oxymoron brilliance is beyond me! (ha! I love that. Literary oxymoron brilliance.)

I like that the first 10 books take place over just a short amount of time. I feel like I get to know the characters more, I get to see more of them in scenes and learn more about them than if she changed the plot up each book. I got to know the character so much more intimately than any other book I have ever read.

C.L. Stone is amazing. I am ashamed to say that I had Introductions book on my Kindle for almost a year before I read it. I judged the series just by the fact that it was a long series. I only got the book because it was free and I was just getting random books the day I got it. But I am so happy that I did. When I finally ended up reading it (in 2 hours) I bought the second book right away, then the third and fourth and so on, until I read them all. Now I own every book she has written that is available on kindle and have read them all more than once.

I grew up in a very liberal household run by a single mother who is an Feminist Anthropologist former-Hippie. I have lived all over, in different countries. Mostly in Mexico and Central America and the US. I was a bit surprised by the reverse harem idea, mainly because I had never heard of it. But the more I read of the series, the more I realized that there was no way that Sang could choose one of the guys. All together they make up the perfect man for her. I always considered myself a very open-minded person and I think that C.L. Stone writes the reverse harem idea into a story with grace, elegance, and dignity. She could have easily written it into smut, but she made it into a story that is impossible to put down and she even changed my (conservative) friend's viewpoint on the matter after I made her read the books. I also like how she handled the relationship between Sang and Sean, very delicately. Not but, either.

For C.L. Stone: Thank you so much for your books! I speak for all of you fans when I say we value you so much and appreciate the work you do that lets us escape into the wonderful world of the Academy you have created. I can’t wait to see what you write next. (No, seriously. I CANT NOT wait. I have to read the next book now. I am going through withdrawals). ( )
  magelet87 | Jan 10, 2017 |
I can't believe I read 276 pages and the whole story line can be summed up in one sentence:

Sang is new in town and meets a clique of 7 guys, who she all likes in some way.

For the first book in a series, this one doesn't explain anything or really makes you want to read the other books. I'm half tempted to read the second book, just to figure out what "the academy" is, but I'm not sure I want to spend money on it.

I had such high expectation, and was so excited about a new series. I was hoping for something like the "Private" and "Privileged" series, but unfortunately that didn't happen. ( )
  katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,824,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible