Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton

Humans of New York

by Brandon Stanton

The Oxford Project by Peter Feldstein (DetailMuse)
    DetailMuse: Both works show that every person's life has a story ... often a surprising one.
    NYChildren Photography: A child from every country. All in one city. by Danny Goldfield (meggyweg)

PopSugar '15 #14--Non-fiction ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
Nothing, obviously, beats the HONY blog because the stories there are numerous, rich, and diverse, but it’s nice to have a physical snippet of that to crack open and pour over when I don’t feel like plugging in.

Some really awesome people got this for me as a gift one year and I only just got around to reading it (sorry), but perhaps it was well-times since I haven’t been able to read the HONY blog as often as I’d like to these days. It was a nice reminder of why I began following it in the first place: the spunk, the weird, the heartfelt, the sincere, the sad, all of it represented here. ( )
  ilikeike | Nov 14, 2017 |
Chances are if you are on any type of social media, then you've probably been exposed to the fabulous photography of Humans of New York. While working as a bond trader in Chicago in January 2010, Stanton discovered a passion for photography. When his job ended, he decided to do something crazy and take up photography full time. He decided to go from city to city photographing whatever he found interesting. What he discovered was that he was beginning to take more and more photographs of people. When he reached New York, he was so impressed by the variety and movement of people there that he made a decision to create a photographic census of the city, thus Humans of New York was born. What he discovered was that the more photos he took, the more stories he learned, and the more he wanted to share. With a little help, "Humans of New York" went from photographs on his personal website to a blog with a vast fan base on social media. This book is a beautiful collection of 400 photographs and some of the stories that Stanton collected as he took them. Get ready to discover the beautiful diversity of this vibrant and never still city!

Bettina P. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Just great, with so many touching, insightful, and creative moments... ( )
  James.Igoe | Jul 26, 2017 |
Can't put my finger on it exactly, but this guy has the touch for portrait photography. A delightful book, and the brief snippets from his interviews are frosting on the cake. ( )
  bness2 | May 23, 2017 |

Brandon Stantonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harms, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Do not combine with "Humans of New York: Stories" - they are separate works.

"In the summer of 2010, photographer Brandon Stanton set out on an ambitious project: to single-handedly create a photographic census of New York City. Armed with his camera, he began crisscrossing the city, covering thousands of miles on foot, all in his attempt to capture ordinary New Yorkers in the most extraordinary of moments"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible