Un beso en mi mano (Spanish Edition) by…

Un beso en mi mano (Spanish Edition) (original 1993; edition 2006)

by Audrey Penn, Ruth E. Harper (Illustrator), Nancy M. Leak (Illustrator)

Member:RoseSchweri
Title:Un beso en mi mano (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Audrey Penn
Other authors:Ruth E. Harper (Illustrator), Nancy M. Leak (Illustrator)
Info:Tanglewood Press (2006), Edition: TRA, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:familias, families, escuela, Theme 1--Ready for School, Edgewood, children's books, social studies

The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn (1993)

This book is about a young raccoon named Chester. Chester, the young raccoon in this story is afraid to face his first day of kindergarten. Since he has fears of beginning his school journey his mom decides to kiss the center of his paw. This kiss symbols as a reminder that she (the mom) is with him wherever he goes, and whatever he faces. This kiss is also a way that to combat the fears that Chester has about starting his school journey. This book in my eyes is also considered a classic as I read this story multiple times growing up. This story has always been really sweet in my mind. I think if young children who were about to embark on their school journey they would be comforted by this text because it shows how hard it can be to go off to school. ( )
  cconsolian | Nov 5, 2018 |
I think this is a good book because it’s about the love that a mother and child have. It’s the perfect read maybe before the child starts going to school. This picture book had a simple message in it and portrayed it in a cute, child-friendly way. I like how the author chose to use raccoons in this story because it’s not an animal that is typically used in children’s books. It’s a nice way to switch things up a little bit. The thing I love about this book is it’s very easy for children to relate too because must all kids experience fear when they have to first leave their mom and go to school. However, “the kissing hand” helps children get over that fear and makes sure that they know a mother’s love is always with them. I think it’s important that children know they have their parents love and support because it really helps them get through hardships in life. The language used in the story was very warming and sweet which makes this such a happy book to read. I highly recommend reading this book to younger children. ( )
  kpasto3 | Nov 4, 2018 |
This book is one of the best books when it comes to separation anxiety. This teaches kids how to feel more comfortable going to school. ( )
  ElainaBerger | Nov 1, 2018 |
This is a good book in my opinion. It is about having love spread from mother to child when going to school. Chester Raccoon did not want to go to school and wanted to stay home where he had everything he had; this part sounds like someone who does not want to deal with stress, but go to the days where there was no stress about the real world. I like how the mother comforted Chester as she got him calm enough to send him off to school, and at the end of the book, the text says "I love you!" and has an illustration of it in American Sign Language. The message given in the book is to give and accept love from your mother, and of you need it, it will be felt from within you. ( )
  jcarls8 | Oct 31, 2018 |
Good first day of school book for younger kids in like preschool or kindergarten. ( )
  AmberLynn1213 | Oct 28, 2018 |

Penn, Audreyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harper, Ruth E.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Leak, Nancy M.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To: Stefanie Rebecca Korn and children everywhere who love to be loved.
Chester Raccoon stood at the edge of the forest and cried.

Plot Summary: Chester the raccoon is about to go to school for the very first time. However, he is nervous and does not want to leave his mother. What Chester soon finds out is that his mother has a secret for him that will make going to school much easier. The secret is the Kissing Hand. Chester's mother gives him a big kiss on his hand before his first day at school, and tells Chester to hold his hand close to his heart whenever he is missing his mother to comfort him.

Extensions: responsibility, overcoming challenges

Book

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:05 -0400)

When Chester the raccoon is reluctant to go to kindergarten for the first time, his mother teaches him a secret way to carry her love with him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,762,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible