Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy…

Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy (edition 2013)

by Ophira Eisenberg

"Screw Everyone is comedian Ophira Eisenberg's wisecracking account of how she spent most of her life saying "yes" to everything--and everyone--and how that attitude ultimately helped her overcome her phobia of commitment. Skeptical about long-term relationships, Eisenberg approached dating as a sort of research experiment from early on: she spent her twenties traveling from futon to futon and gathering data, figuring that one day she'd put it all together somehow and build her own perfect Frankenmate. When she met a guy who didn't fall for the emotionally cavalier facade she'd constructed (a guy who wanted marriage and monogamy), she knew it was time to reevaluate. From her first kiss to saying "I do," Screw Everyone is an honest, hilarious chronicle of how one woman discovered herself, conquered her fears, and even found the "real thing"--One promiscuous encounter at a time."--Amazon.… (more)
Member:grunin
Title:Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy
Authors:Ophira Eisenberg
Info:Seal Press (2013), Paperback, 288 pages
Tags:Biography, autographed, eros, read

Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy by Ophira Eisenberg

I love a good memoir. I will read them all. This is a good one. Funny and self deprecating and all about sex. Good fun read. Not heavy at all. ( )
  bookwormteri | Jul 2, 2015 |
Note: I received this ARC for free in exchange for an honest review. It will be published on March 26, 2013 for you reading pleasure

Screw Everyone is, hands down, the funniest book I've read this year, I was chuckling before I was even 2 pages in. I was worried at first that this would be yet another "woe-is-me" self-deprecating story told by a successful, beautiful celebrity. Or a cliche tale of how life will only start being in control once you settled down and find the right man.

To my great pleasure, this was not the case at all. Ophira is the real-girl's Chelsea Handler. Her story felt honest, raw and uncomfortably familiar in many regards. A real girl, making real decisions that often left her feeling awkward or even more determined than before. This story wasn't coated with name-dropping or a wink-and-a-nudge about how she became successful thanks to the power of connections. It was coated with Lady Scout booty call badges, blind albino sex, intelligence, empowerment of women to not feel slut-shamed - mixed in with a bottle of Grey Goose, the story of a scar and a forever changed image of Garfield and Otis.

In the words of Eisenberg: "I had no idea how few steps there were between an ostrich feather and a butt plug"

Other favorite quotes:
"Good talk is like seduction"

"If we were going to role play, it would be Elizabethan-themed and involve iambic pentameter"

"There was no need to stop to take photos. A vacation with an STD in the back seat is a fast one ( )
  tealightful | Sep 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,624,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible