Bear and Bee by Sergio Ruzzier

Bear and Bee

by Sergio Ruzzier

A good message delivered with a fun, light touch. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
A misunderstanding right at a very young child's level. Nice to see both the Bear not hold onto misperceptions and the Bee not take offense. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
A bear stumbles across a beehive and worries about eating any honey from it because he has heard that bees are big, scary creatures. Little does he know that the cute buzzing fellow he has been speaking with is a bee!

I used this book in my toddler classroom when we were talking about bumblebees and the letter B (this book was helpful in pointing out two "B" words - both the bee and the bear), and the kids were pretty attentive to the story, which is about as good as it gets with 2-year-olds! I really enjoyed the book's story and its illustrations, and I think that a slightly older audience would get even more out of it. For instance, this is a great book for introducing children to concepts such as stereotypes and making decisions/judgments based on rumors. It's also a good one for talking about friendship and sharing with one another. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 27, 2013 |
Cute story of bear and his confused ideas about bees. ( )
  melodyreads | Aug 27, 2013 |
Things aren't always as scary as we think they are. Bear and Bee illustrates that there is sometimes a difference between how scary something really is, and how scary we think it is. We build stuff up in our minds to be huge, when really it was nothing. This is a cute way to show children this. ( )
  lilred18 | Apr 29, 2013 |

A hungry bear wants some honey, but he is afraid of the bee, even though he has never seen one.

Sergio Ruzzier is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,886,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible