Possession: A Novel of the Fallen Angels by…

Possession: A Novel of the Fallen Angels (edition 2013)

by J.R. Ward

Member:glaadis
Title:Possession: A Novel of the Fallen Angels
Authors:J.R. Ward
Info:NAL (2013), Kindle Edition, 512 pages

Possession: A Novel of the Fallen Angels by J. R. Ward

It might be the audiobook format, which had me listening to it in chunks over a few weeks, but this never sucked me in. I think it's more likely that I am losing interest in this series (the BDB has jumped the shark for me, too). I'll still check out the next one, but this was, like, 80% sex and 19% people being stupid as shit when they should just communicate. ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
Gut wrenching yet awesome! This series is taking so many twists and turns! Loving the wild ride! ( )
  TiffanyCutshall | Dec 28, 2017 |
Not my favorite of the series.. It actually bored me in quite a few places. BUT, it was still a great read and I love me some J.R. Ward. So ready to read The King. Coming up next. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
This was a difficult read for me.
1) the book didn't hold my intrest, it was slow and boring
2) too many storylines (threads) - Good Vs Evil; Devina & Jim; Cait & Duke; Jim & Sissy; Cait and GB; the trouble in Heaven & Nigel; tiny bits of the Eddie storyline
3) The characters, were all very superficial, not a lot of back story, very little growth to the characters
4)Cait, GB and Duke should have had more page time - too much time spent on the Sissy storyline
5) no emotional connection between GB/Cait or Duke/Cait - other then lust, and revenge. For a romance it was lacking, until the last few chapters when GB tries to kill Cait, Duke saves her, but is wounded, and both Cait and Duke realize that they really do have a connection...then the hospital scene - very touching - the story should have had more expressions, feeling, and connections like those scenes
6) quick, sex scenes - but then this is UF, so didn't expect detailed long, drawn out scenes. The sex scenes did not dominate the storyline, nor did I find them complementary to the storyline, they could have been completely left out - thats how much they helped the storyline progress.
7) I really didn't like Jim's character in this story - his on/off lusting for Sissy was sad
8) I actually fell asleep at one point while reading
9) some of the best ation happened in the last 6% of the book - this part was good
10) some nice writing, good one liners, humor, but not enough to save the book for me.
11) the book left loose ends...but I guess they could be seen as openings for the "over all" story line to work with

overall a two star read for me - I was dissapointed. With two books left I will have to finish out the series, but they may not be auto buys for me - I may wait until I read other people's reviews, or look for a drop in price. or even wait till the series is complete before reading the last two books ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
5th in Fallen Angels series

Disappointing. Cait Douglass is getting over a broken heart after a former fiance cheats and moves on quickly to form a family. She meets two men within a short span and cannot decide between the two. Should she pick the sweet, handsome, up-and-coming rocker who has eyes only for her, or an in-your-face bad boy who isn't about commitment but who has a pull on her she can't explain. Could one of them be the next soul the fallen angel, Jim Heron, is trying to save?

We see more of the demon, Devina's, weaknesses and her struggle with both OCD and her unrequited "love" for Jim Heron. Jim has made a huge decision regarding Sissy which may put all of humanity at risk, not to mention devastating turmoil up in heaven as well. We get to meet Sissy and see what kind of connection she and Jim really have and what happens next.

What does happen next is pretty anti-climactic, actually, and if this were the end of the series, I would say it ended badly. I think there is at least one more book, though, so I'll reserve judgment. This one was my least favorite of the series, however, and it really should have been the pinnacle since there was so much involving Jim and Sissy, as well as some key players in heaven. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Oct 11, 2015 |

"New York Times bestselling author J.R. Ward explores what really happens when good and evil toy with humanity in her new novel of the Fallen Angels, as the salvation of a doomed soul depends once again on a crossroads... When Cait Douglass resolves to get over her broken heart, throw off her inhibitions, and start really living, she's unprepared for the two sensual men who cross her path. Torn between them, she doesn't know which to choose--or what kind of dire consequences could follow. Jim Heron, fallen angel and reluctant savior, is ahead in the war, but he puts everything at risk when he seeks to make a deal with the devil--literally. As yet another soul is unwittingly caught in the battle between him and the demon Devina, his fixation on an innocent trapped in Hell threatens to sidetrack him from his sacred duty... Can good still prevail if true love makes a savior weak? And will a woman's future be the key, or the curse, for all of humanity? Only time, and hearts, will tell"-- Provided by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,690,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible