Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty

Rosie Revere, Engineer (2013)

by Andrea Beaty, David Roberts (Illustrator)

Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty will make you want to start creating. In this uniquely illustrated story, a young girl, Rosie, loves to collect odd items, which she uses to make things from her imagination. When her great-great-aunt, Rose (Rosie the Riveter) visits and tells her how she has always dreamed of flying, the next invention is set in motion. Young Rosie knows exactly what to make. When the big moment comes for the contraption to take flight, it doesn’t go exactly as planned. Will Aunt Rose be disappointed? Will Rosie give up? You'll have to read this one to find out.

I highly recommend this inspirational picture book to anyone who likes to be reminded to persevere. A great book for library media specialists to use to kick off a makerspace activity. There are other books in the series and I know we will be getting them from the library soon! Iggy Peck, Architect, and Ada Twist, Scientist will be read soon! ( )
  Robinsonstef | Jul 10, 2019 |
One of my favorite authors and the woman who inspires me to do my best daily read this book during her women's conference RISE. There wasn't a dry eye in the building by the time she finished reading it aloud, with many of us leaving the room admitting we were going to immediately find the book and purchase it. I don't have children yet, but I have a wonderful, amazing mother who just retired from her role as a Chemical Engineer for over 27 years. This book screamed Mother's Day gift to me and it was a hit, my mom cried while reading too.

Andrea Beaty has written a children's book for children and adults alike. It features an endearing character, Rosie, and her desperate hope of becoming an engineer. It's a whimsical tale told with lyrical words and gorgeous art. It's inspiring, moving, and might even be my favorite children's book I've ever read. Just don't tell Corduroy. I really appreciated that young Rosie has big dreams and even though the dream seems too big, it takes just one person and the perfect words to spark her spirit once again after a failure leads her to calling it quits. I absolutely recommend this children's short and will be purchasing it, and the other two books, for all future baby shower and kid's birthday gifts. ( )
  CarleneInspired | Jun 14, 2019 |
I just read this in the bookstore & started crying. It is perfect. Every kid needs this book. The message is about the success we gain thru failing.
  roniweb | May 30, 2019 |
This is an incredible book about empowering kids not to give up while teaching about some of the great female engineers. Trail and error is necessary, and as the book says "the only true failure can come if you quit". Through her experiences, Rosie learns that despite what others think, and how they react, you should keep working hard to follow your dreams. I love this book because it has a female main character in a book which subject is a career that is predominantly filled with men. It also shows the essence of engineering, which is to build and create things creatively to solve a problem. In this case, the problem was that Rosie's great-great-aunt wanted to fly. On top of the great story, the illustrations are so fun and detailed. Awesome book! ( )
  atimmons18 | May 30, 2019 |
This book is written by Andrea Beaty, and talks about an aspiring engineer by the name of Rosie Revere. She has a bright, creative vision by which she creates experiments that can make her fly and people float in the air. Each of her experiment is exaggerated, yet, scientifically makes sense as it may be possible! Rosie is often met with challenges but perseveres through them, hence making her a great role model for younger children to watch and learn from. The book entails great artwork in the form of pictures on each page and uses colorful language to engage students. ( )
  asurya18 | May 29, 2019 |

Andrea Beatyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Roberts, DavidIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
With gratitude to our parents' and grandparents' generation for doing what was needed when it was needed the most
---A. B. & D. R.
This is the story of Rosie Revere, who dreamed of becoming a great engineer.
"Yes," said her great-aunt, "It crashed. That is true.
But first it did just what it needed to do.
Before it crashed, Rosie...
before that...
it flew!"

Rosie Revere is a creative little engineer, who loves to dream up creations for her family and friends. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes they are not, but nevertheless, Rosie keeps persevering. With the main character being a girl as the inventor, this book encourages young girls to follow their dreams, that failure is okay, and that imagination is never ending!

A young aspiring engineer must first conquer her fear of failure.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,432,435 books! | Top bar: Always visible