Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

On Marriage (1902) by Mary MacLane

On Marriage (1902)

by Mary MacLane

412,430,466 (4.5)None
Recently added byMSarki, fuguewriter, FrancescaVerdi

I would read anything this woman wrote. I am falling in love with her. Her honesty and forthrightness is so admirable. Plus she is smart and clever and charming as hell. And naughty too. But as much as I enjoyed discovering additional critical views here from Mary MacLane on the subject of marriage I believe she was more direct at the age of nineteen.

“…The defilement of so sacred and beautiful a thing as marriage is surely the darkest evil that can come to a life…And so I want a fascinating wicked man to come and make me positively, rather than negatively, wicked.”___[a:Mary MacLane|262465|Mary MacLane|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1277326747p2/262465.jpg] from I Await the Devil’s Coming collected in [b:Human Days: A Mary MacLane Reader|13266635|Human Days A Mary MacLane Reader|Mary MacLane|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1324376021s/13266635.jpg|18279424] ( )
  MSarki | Jan 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,498,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible