Twist by John Lutz

Twist

by John Lutz

I have been a huge fan of the Frank Quinn series by John Lutz. I don’t think I have read one that I didn’t like, this being no exception. Lutz’s way of creating the most disturbing serial killer makes me not want to be in this man’s head…ever.

Quinn has a knack for finding creative ways to sniff out the most demented soul. Because of this the NYPD calls upon him and his agency Q&A frequently to assist them in open cases. This time the hunt is for the elusive Dred Gant. Twist takes us into the mind of this man hell bent on terrorizing woman (mommy issues at its finest) and Quinn’s niece, Carlie, is a dead ringer for this killer’s type. Now they must set the perfect trap for “The Liberty Lady Killer.” After one failed attempt they know that the next trap has to be executed flawlessly or else.

As with all of Lutz’s books, character development is continually happening and he even throws a few monkey wrenches into the series leaving the reader wondering and waiting for the next book. For all thrill seekers and especially for those that love to dive into the mind of a serial killer, Twist is the book for you.

(Book provided by publisher for an honest review) ( )
  Kelsey_O | Jan 5, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786028297, Mass Market Paperback)

Journeyman author John Lutz has steadily built an intriguing universe set around Frank Quinn, a former NYPD homicide detective who heads up Quinn & Associates, a private investigation agency known in law enforcement circles as “Q & A.” Quinn is often tasked with quietly assisting his former employer with particularly difficult cases, notwithstanding his somewhat prickly relationship with Harley Renz, the cheerfully corrupt New York police commissioner.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:31 -0400)

Frank Quinn is a decorated ex-cop. A former homicide detective specialising in tracking serial killers. Now his niece, Carlie Hobbs, needs help. Someone is stalking her, and the NYPD can't stop him. A blonde, blue-eyed beauty, Carlie fits the victim type of the killer who's been terrorizing women, leaving them bound, gagged, and tortured with surgical precision. To win against the most personal adversary of his career, Quinn will have to set the perfect trap. All he needs is the perfect bait.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,751,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible